Prologue

A/n:

This isnt a 'prologue' prologue. Feel free to skip to Chapter 1. Continue for a candid a/n that sets the tone for the story. One that Imight delete in future revisions ;)

India.

Home to the Ancient Indus Valley Civilization, and the very famous Maurya and Mughal Dynasties.

Oh, I do not intend on taking a history class on India's uncountable kings and their kingdoms, don't worry. Instead, I intend to tell you a story.

A saga of love between two souls, love so strong that it had the power to tear the earth apart. Literally.

No, please toss Taj Mahal out of your head! This story is not about Shahjahan's love for Mumtaz. And please for Goodness's sake stop mentally playing Deewani Mastani. This isn't about Bajirao and Mastani either.

Instead, cue this:

To give you better clarity:

This is where the story takes place

This is where the story takes place. In the Andaman and Nicobar Islands of India, whoose existence many (apart from their residents) usually forget. The chain of islands can be divided into 2: The Andamans, and The more untouched: Nicobars.

These are a total of 572 islands (A&N), out of which merely 37 are inhabited today.(A&N)

And yes, these islands house 6 indigenous tribes: The Great Andamanese, The Onge, The Jarawa, The Sentinelese, The Shompen, and The Nicobarese.

Little Andaman is the southernmost island of the Andaman Islands. Further southward, is the island of Car Nicobar, signalling the beginning of the Nicobar archipelago.  

Here live the the Nicobarese Tribe.

The Nicobarese believe that a long time ago, the islands of Little Andaman and Car Nicobar were one piece of land. Modern science might explain their separation by the theory of Plate Tectonics, but the Nicobarese explain it by a folktale that is told even to this day.

Note
A&N = Andaman and Nicobar

To give perspective on the orientation of Little Andaman  and Car Nicobar, imagine a straight vertical line.
Now divide that line into 2 parts.
The top part are the Andaman Islands and the bottom part are the Nicobar Islands.

A/N
After being at Wattpad for almost 5 years, I'm finally publishing my own 'book'!

Depending on the response to the 'short story', I may expand it to a full-fledged book.

So, readers, the ultimate decision is your hands...

Vote, Comment and Share to give me your drift... :)

For those who haven't already listened to/ seen the song,  seriously you are missing out!

'Deewani Mastani' is in the media box!

P.S

Credit for air view pic:

Venkatesh K from Bangalore, India [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)]

Credit for map pic:

edited by M.Minderhoud [Public domain]