Chapter 5

Vamiro appeared to be very nervous, and was trying to move towards Tatara as stealthily as possible. She was repeatedly looking over her shoulder to confirm that she wasn't being followed.

With discreet, slow steps, Vamiro finally reached where Tatara had been waiting for her, and stopped.

Silence.

No words were exchanged. It was like the two of them were communicating with each other telepathically.

Or probably, a more correct thing to say would be that both of them were busy drinking each other's presence, lost in each other's eyes.

When they were so busy, who would have expected them to be able to think of acceptable words, frame them into acceptable sentences, and articulate them? Oof! Such a task would definitely not have been possible.

It was not like there wasn't any communication happening between them though. There something flowing between the two, a kind of mutual understanding that probably a third person could not understand.

The two stood there for quite a while.

Finally, after the sun bid its goodbye, it was Vamiro who snapped out this......lets call it.... a trance.

She turned to leave towards her village, leaving Tatara still aphonic

The two were drawn to each other more than a moth is drawn to a flame, or the moon to the earth.

Wherefore, the two found themselves at the beach during dusk, every single day.

And yes, as you guessed it, they would still, look into each other's eyes, tounge-tied.

A few youths gradually discovered this phenomenon of 'Mute Meetings Beside the Setting Sun'. And then this information spread like wildfire.

"The great Tatara meets a girl whose name is probably Vamiro at the seashore near Lapati village everyday at sunset"

"Our Tatara is meeting some girl from Lapati everyday near her village? Tatara is such a good man, why is he interested in a girl who is not of his village?"

"You now our village's fish woman's daughter, Vamiro meets Tatara everyday at the village beach. Fish woman should talk to her daughter, even though the man is Tatara,but still how can she pursue a man from another village?"

Many attempts were made to convince the two of them to stop meeting each other, to nip the flower in the bud, but the two of them were indefatigable.

 Unfalteringly, they still continued to meet at 'their' place.

The rumour mill continued to run, and speculations continued to be made.

A/N

We are now verrrry close to the climax!

Stay tuned, but not mute! 

The picture is of the sunset at Radhanagar beach in Swaraj (Havelock) Island.

And yes, this doesn't have any filter on it, as far as I can tell. Sunsets do look this way there. Though out of experience, I know that you won't believe it till you see it.

image credit: http://www.linktodestination.in/domestic-holidays/andaman-highlights/