01: Spiderflash, part 1

A/N: this is the Amazing Spiderman, not MCU btw.  (The characters in this one-shot are not mine, they are merely my interpretation of them)

Monday morning 8:15, Flash was late again.  It was getting to the point where Flash couldn't remember the last time he arrived at school on time.  

"Mr. Thompson, I see you've chosen to join us finally."

"Won't happen again,"  Flash mumbled out of habit

"That's doubtful," Mrs. Harris returned to her lecture.  Finding a seat between two faceless peers Flash ignored the concerned gaze he felt coming from a certain brunette. 

The entire day was going by slowly, but Flash wasn't complaining.  Any time he spent away from the hell hole he calls home was time well spent. He spent gym class lazily reclining on the bleachers, pretending he was catching up on Calculus homework to get out of the workout. Occasionally he would glance up from his paper and watch Parker.   Peter Parker, a geeky bundle of fluff and awkwardness. Flash liked to give him a hard time but they both knew they were long past the beating-you-up-at lunch facade.  

Peter was a good guy and Flash wished more than anything that he could be more like Peter.  Peter who got the straight A's, who didn't play football but still had the body of a Greek god. Peter Parker, the one who got the girl.  The blonde was currently stroking her arm down Parker's bicep and laughing at some stupid thing he'd said. Peter rubbed his kneck and grinned at Gwen.  Flash sighed, this was stupid.  Shoving his stuff into his backpack he stormed out of the gym.  

Walking down the hallway Flash thought of their interactions over the years, the pigtail pulling stage in elementary school, the awkward avoidance in middle school, and now this rollercoaster of emotions that was high school. 

Who was Flash kidding, it was all painfully one-sided and he was such a jerk. The lack of reciprocation just made him an even bigger jerk.  Stupid fucking Parker, he's so fucking perfect with his glasses and his fluffy hair and that smile... Flash knew it was unhealthy to go on about this to let these thought run wild in his mind, it was borderline dangerous really.  The feelings were risking the fragile friendship he'd worked so hard to rebuild with Peter. God, if his parents were to know...he'd be skipping out of more than just gym class that's for sure. 

A/N: I think I might drag this one out into 2 or 3 parts (I'm going to try and hit ya'll with some angst in part 2)