Get to know

He didn't mind meditating with me, but I shall be doomed if he enjoyed it. More than once I had to smile about the annoyed look on his face. I couldn't blame him for not trying though, he was sitting there with closed eyes trying to focus and relax but he failed constantly. He had been with me for 3 weeks now and I decided to start with the training of his mind. How to focus his magical power in one thought and letting it go again afterwards.
I'm sure it was not what he was expecting in the beginning, but as he promised he was an enthusiastic student.
He sighed heavily and I gave in. „Let's start with some practical instructions, shall we?!" A releaved look appeared on his face and I had to laugh. „Show me what you have learned from your mother." I said and escorted him to a little field of grass close by.
The moment my feet touched the even ground, I found myself in a ballroom with golden walls and ceiling. The light gleaming through the colourful created windows and music playing quietly in the background. „I believe we're a little underdressed." I said, changing our clothes with a gesture of my hand. My daily clothes turned into a long red dress, with golden ornaments surrounding the corset. I clothed Loki in a suit made of a very dark green fabric. The golden buttons on the front went very well with the stitching of the jacket. I smiled, tourning in a little circle. It has been quite quite a while since I dressed up like that. I turned back to Loki still grinning stupidly. For some reason this made me really happy. Not just being in this beautiful place and all dressed up, but being here with.... him? With a surprised expression on my face I looked at him, studying his face. His black hair was rather short and his skin had a bright ivory shade. He hadn't changed since he arrived in this realm except maybe he had gained a new ease in doing things.
He stopped inspecting his new clothing and walked up to me. „This environment demands for a dance, don't you think?" he held out his right hand in front of me.
Without hesitation I let him guide me to the middle of the room. His hand felt soft in mine. He swung me around and drew me closer into a light embrace, placing his other hand on my hip. Our faces only inches apart, we were looking into each others eyes and I discovered a softness within his' I had not seen before. He hesitated for a second and then started to direct me gently, matching the rhythm of the music. Never had I felt like this before. A warm pulsating power was rushing through my body as he drew me even closer, my chest touching his'. My heart started racing as he lowered his head. He put my right hand on his shoulder, and lifted his' to brush a strand of hair behind my ear.
I felt his heart beating against my body. Following a sudden urge, so strong I could impossibly resist, I leaned forward and kissed him. The whole world stopped for those few precious seconds and that's when I felt it for the first time in my life: love!
A cold sensation on my lips made me open my eyes again. Loki pulled out of our embrace and pushed me away with mildly force, turning his back on me. The ballroom had disappeared, revealing the grass beneath our feet and the pond in the distance.  He walked away from me. I couldn't stop him, though I wanted to, but my heart was aching too much. That bittersweet pain my mother had once taught me about, now hit me with all its' power. I closed my eyes as a lonely tear ran down my face. I had felt love......and rejection.