Prologue: Lets get a child

Prologue: Let's get a child

Phil's P.O.V:

It's been 2 years since me and Dan got married. It's awesome actually, finally falling in love with your best friend. It's really intimate and sexual as we couldn't get our hands off each other. Like whenever we wake up, one of us gets really clingy and when I steal Dan's cereal, he now feeds them to me using his fingers. Yeah... you can probably figure out how it looks like. And Dan, he's now in the road to recovery due to the lost time and forgotten moments. But it's ok as now, it feel like nothing has happen.

We are now turning a new chapter to our life. The chapter where we are now committed to each other.

One night, Dan and I are just making out on the bed. Dan just got home late from work so when he came in, it was us moving to any bedroom fast. I was on top as Dan was relaxing yet moaning as we make out and doing it. I felt Dan's hair as I removed his suit with my left hand... carefully (he uses it for work so it can't be destroyed). I then lay on his chest as he strokes my hair.

"How was work?" I asked.

"Boring as usual but great at the same time" Dan said. "I miss you though".

"Of course you did" I said. "We can't let go of each other".

Dan asked me to roll over as he want to be on top. He faced me with those heart eyes and I just can't stop smiling back. He stokes my hair and gave me a kiss. He then asked me a question.

"Phil, what happens if we get a child?" Dan asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Well... You're now 35 years and I'm now 31 and I feel like we need someone in our little family" Dan said. "I can also sense that you are tired of being alone so it would be great on having a child".

"But Dan, we can't even take care of ourselves" I said.

"I'm not saying we adopt a baby! I'm suggesting someone 5 years old... someone that's young yet... a bit trained" Dan said.

"I don't know" I said as I look away. Dan gave me a soft kiss and gave me a smile.

"Don't worry... we have time" Dan said. "Right now, I just want to be with you".

A few weeks have passed and we decided to get one. But we needed to research and see what we will be expecting. Since me and Dan are both guys, we can't conceive a child so it's best if we do adopt. We were talking to both of our families about it, they were first against it.

"Dan, Phil... even if we respect your 'love' for each other, having a child? Too much?" said Dan's mum.

"Can we just put aside us being irresponsible and just accept the fact that we want to do its?" asked Dan.

"But you're..." said my Dad.

"Me and Dan are 30+ years old, we were married for two years... Now is a good time to get one" I said.

"But still, there is the diapers and all that" said my mum.

"We're adopting a 5 year old" Dan said. "Or near 5".

This was brief as our parents are trying to put us out if it. They are telling us about the expense and the stress and cost but Dan and I are saying some valid points and we managed to get them to agree with us. They warned us though that if the child grows up, they may become upset on our sexuality and what the people in his/her school may think of him. But we didn't mind as Dan is a lawyer, he can fix it.

So two weeks later, we went to the adoption centre, looked at all the 3-5 year olds and as we browse around as well as bonded with a few of them. We then see a boy, hugging a llama doll, wearing a lion onesie. We came to him and he looks like how me and Dan would look like if our genetics mash together.

"Hello" I said.

The boy looked at us with those brown/blue eyes and smiled at us. He looked cute and adorable.

"You like that llama don't you?" Dan said.

"Also lions" the boy said. "But I love llamas more".

The boy started singing a few verses of the llama song and Dan started to tear up. I then brought out my toy lion and showed it to him, I gave a 'rawr' sound and he gave a cute version of his 'rawr'. He was perfect. We then asked him some questions like if he had any siblings or why was he sent here. He told us that a bird just sent him here. We both know what that means... He was left in the adoption centre. We called one of the caretakers and told her that we would adopt him.

"You want the Dom?" asked the caretaker. "I should warn you, he stays up late and he loves the online world rather than go outside".

He was perfect. But we decided to change the name.

Dil...

Dil Howell-Lester

Dil Howlter...

He was told to pack up as he was leaving the centre. We then brought him home and he was amazed to see our apartment. The landlord is notified about this as long as he doesn't cause trouble. So when Dil enters the apartment, he has no idea where to start. We brought him to his bedroom which was Dan's old bedroom. Me, Dan, Liana, Pj and Chris helped redecorated the room for him and he just couldn't stop smiling.

"I can't believe I'm going to be with a loving family" Dil said.

"Don't worry, we're always here for you" Dan and I said as we gave him a hug.

This was the start of Dil's life, his new life, his life living with his new parents.