Chapter 8: Erica

Chapter 8: Erica

Dil's P.O.V:

Today is the day, my first 'date' with Erica. I do hope this would make up for what happened in the park 2 weeks ago. I dressed up in something a bit casual yet comfortable. Dan and Phil were making another Hamburger cake and I was in the bathroom, calming myself down.

"Ok Howlter, you can do it!" I said to myself to the mirror. "You just moved to the Neighborhood, nobody fully knows you yet! You can do it!".

Phil and Dan came to the bathroom and saw me talking to the mirror. I was shocked that they came in without any warning but I left the door open so that indicates that I'm not doing anything... private.

"Don't worry Dil, you can do it!" Phil said.

"I'm scared" I said.

"Hey... at least you met this person in real life!" Dan said. "I met your father online and I was scared to meet this guy in real life! Taking the goddam train, the halloween party... ah memories".

"So, I'll be fine?" I asked.

"You will" Phil said.

The doorbell rang, the three of us became shock as it was time. I ran and opened the door... but it wasn't her. It was the old man in the park... Preston.

"Dylan Lester" said Preston.

Dan and Phil came behind me and saw who it was. They were more surprised as I was. Why did Preston arrive? What does he want?

"Mr Chappa, what are you doing here?" Dan asked.

"Your son left his jacket in the park two weeks ago and since you're new, it was really hard to find out where you live" Preston said. "Even if I work in the City council, getting information is such a lengthy process".

Preston gave me the jacket and he was correct, this is my jacket! I forgot! Dan and Phil were shocked about this. I guess it was because I was having a really bad day. Preston left and I went to the bedroom. When I left it on my bed, a sheet of paper fell to the floor. I picked it up and read it.

Dylan Howell - Lester

I see you came to Willow Creek. I guess its safe to tell you, you're close to finding us. We're sorry...

- Your birth parents

I saw the handwriting and it was identical to the letter from 5 years ago! They live close! They must live near Willow Creek... or in Willow Creek! I have a chance to find my real parents.

NO! I can't! I moved here because it is the time to start over! I wanted to find my real parents because I was ashamed of having Dan and Phil as my parents but now we live in Willow Creek. This is the tine for me and my new parents to fix our bond. I had a bad year in London and now is the time to start over.

I placed the letter in my drawer and placed the jacket in the green wardrobe and when I closed it, the doorbell rang again. Phil opened it as I ran to leave the room and there she was, Erica in a yellow dress.

"Hello, You must be Erica" said Phil.

"Hello Mr Lester and Mr Howell" said Erica. "I was a member of the Phandom a few years ago... Then left".

"Oh..." said Dan.

I ran on front of them and greeted Erica in a silly position as I was tired. I don't this to start as a phandom fest. I told my parents to go upstairs and leave the room and they did. I then faced Erica and invited her in. She looked into the house and she had an odd reaction on her face once she saw the condition.

"Wow... its really messy" said Erica.

"Sorry..." I said.

We went to the living room and asked her to take a seat. She saw the tiny mess around the area and she started to judge the place.

"You're like your parents aren't you" Erica said. "Being messy and all that".

"Sorry, we just had a late night" I said.

"I see..." said Erica. "Anyways... What do you want to talk about".

And I then said the most ridiculous line anyone could ever say to anyone when you invite someone over!

"Do you want some cake?" I asked.

Dan's P.O.V:

Phil and I were listening through the walls of the hallway as Dil and Erica converse with each other. We then heard they were going to the kitchen so we left and went upstairs.

FIVE MINUTES LATER

There was intense yelling coming from outside and me and Phil became curious. We tiptoed our way down and we listened through the walls of the hallways and boy... Its not good.

"I don't think Erica is the girl for him" Phil said.

"Hold on..." I said. "Maybe its one of those relationships where you hate them then they end up kissing".

But the argument intensifies and we can hear the door opening. We both ran to the kitchen and it was Dil walking to his bedroom. We followed him and he was facing the bathroom mirror. We entered and he saw us.

"Is everything alright?" Phil asked.

"No" said Dil. "But I will have to try harder!"

"Atta boy!" I said.

So Dil went out and me and Phil listened through the walls. But the door was left open so we can hear the conversation clearly.

"So... what does penguins love the internet?" Dil asked.

"Oh god! He's saying a joke about penguins!" I said. "Thanks Phil for telling him that!"

"No... why?" Erica asked.

"Because they have... webbed feet!" Dil said.

Dil started laughing but Erica has no chuckle. This got worse to nasty as Erica started saying stuff that were not pretty.

"I'm sorry Dylan but this is not working out for us" said Erica.

"Maybe if you put the effort to be nice or something" Dil said.

Phil and I peaked and Erica threw a book down to the ground and to Dil.

"I cant take it!" she said. "Im sorry but your too messy and... just no!"

Erica was on the verge of leaving and me and Phil ran to the kitchen. The door was slammed and Dil was just feeling mad about what happened.