Chloroform Nap

It was almost 3 in the afternoon when Ophelia managed to settle the fussy baby down for a nap. Usually Rose napped around 10 in the morning, but she had fussed and cried for hours. She'd cry if Ophelia laid her down, and she'd cry if Ophelia tried to rock her to sleep. The baby must have worn herself out, as she was now fast asleep in her pack and play.

Ophelia had only cried twice out of frustration in that past five hours. She laid herself down on the couch, basking in the silence of a sleeping baby. Knowing that her brother would be home within the next two hours, she closed her eyes and immediately fell asleep herself.

Ophelia hadn't heard the back door open, followed by the four pairs of footsteps walking into the house. She didn't even stir when the intruders entered the living room where she and the baby slept. The soft murmurs from the men caused Rose to rise from her nap, giggling and cooing in response.

The loud sounds of the baby caused Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, and Namjoon to stop in their tracks, fearing that the noises would wake Ophelia up. After what seemed like hours, the baby had settled itself, and the four men had all released the breaths they didn't know they were holding.

"She looks so peaceful sleeping," Jimin said, brushing the hair out of Ophelia's face. Ophelia was still in a deep sleep, her lips pouted and chest rising with each breath she took. Taehyung cleared his throat, causing three pairs of eyes to look at him.

"Should we...?" Taehyung started to ask, gently shaking the bottle of chloroform in his hand. Namjoon shook his head, looking down at Ophelia who was still sleeping peacefully.

"I don't think we'll need it, Tae," Namjoon said, and carefully picked up the sleeping girl into his arms. Namjoon held his breath as Ophelia furrowed her eyebrows, making soft noises in her sleep at the new position. Once she had settled herself, head resting on the tall man's shoulder, Namjoon smiled and began retreating out of the house.

"Well," Taehyung started as they approached the screen door leading to the alley, "that was a lot easier than anticipated."

"Don't say that just yet," Yoongi, who was waiting by the door, spoke up, "We'll most likely need to use the muscle relaxers on her once she wakes up. Chloroform might be too much, but it would calm her down."

Namjoon hushed the man before jerking his head for him to open the door of the rental van. Once open, Namjoon strapped Ophelia into the car seat, mindful of how she was still sleeping and could wake up any moment. The rest filled in once Ophelia was settled, with Taehyung next to her with the drugs for when she woke up.

From the driver's seat, Seokjin tried his best not to wake up the pink-haired girl with his excited squeals. He could see her sleeping face in the rear-view mirror- long eyelashes resting on her chubby pink cheeks, lips pouted and slightly open, breathing peacefully. She looked absolutely angelic, and Seokjin silently cursed himself for remaining in the driver's seat instead of taking Taehyung's spot next to the little cherub.

Ophelia slept a half hour through the three-hour long car ride to the hotel. She woke up panicking, flailing her arms, trying to undo the buckle on her car seat and reach for the car's door handle. Thankfully, Taehyung was quick with the muscle relaxer, poking the syringe in the girl's arm after he successfully grasped it in her frenzy. Being injected with the drug had caused Ophelia to scream and cry more, forcing Taehyung to put a chloroform-filled rag over her mouth and nose.

It was easy for Tae to keep the rag in place since the muscle relaxer worked relatively quickly. He figured it would take about five minutes for the sweet-smelling solution to do its job and knock the small girl unconscious. Even with the rag over her mouth, small whimpers and sobs still fell from Ophelia's lips.

"Go back to sleep, baby," Jimin said, reaching over from where he sat on the other side of Taehyung to run his fingers through the pink strands of hair. As consciousness was slowly leaving her and her vision was beginning to turn back, her whines and whimpers turned even more panicked and desperate, begging her captors to remove the rag and let her breathe.

"I know, honey," Seokjin said, looking at her now tear-stained face in the mirror, bright red from crying so heavily. Her noises slowly faded away and her eyes slowly closed, and once again it was silent in the van. Taehyung handed the rag to Namjoon in the passenger's seat, who then threw it out the window.

She slept for another half hour, but when she woke up this time, she had no strength to fight her way out. The chloroform was still in her system, successfully making her disoriented and lethargic. Internally, Ophelia was in fight or flight mode, but all her body could do was remain seated in the car seat with her head leaning against the side of the headrest of the car seat. Her eyes observed her surroundings and landed on Namjoon in the passenger seat, who was staring at her lovingly with a smile on his face. Ophelia sent him a sleepy glare, with her eyes half closed and still full of sleep.

"Baby's awake," He said with a chuckle, causing Ophelia to stare at him confused. It took her a moment to realize that he spoke Korean, and even though Ophelia also spoke Korean, it had been a while since she actually heard someone talk to her in the language. Her dad mainly spoke English around the house, but he had taught his native tongue to Ophelia when she was young. Her head hurt trying to wrap her mind around what was being said, but she knew that she had to be able to understand the man if she wanted out of this situation.

Namjoon announcing that Ophelia had finally come to caused Jimin, who was also taking a short nap, to jerk awake in his seat. Taehyung reached down to grab the chloroform bottle and a new rag from the bag down by his feet, but stopped himself from wetting the cloth as Jin spoke up.

"No, don't do that, Tae. She's fine right now, aren't you baby?" Jin looked back at Ophelia in the mirror only to be met with a sleepy, confused face staring back at him. "I think she might fall back asleep soon, anyway."

"I want her to sleep until we get to the hotel, though," Jimin said, motioning for Taehyung to continue to prepare the cloth, but he refused.

"I will if she starts to get fussy again," he reasoned, "Too much of this and I could potentially kill her."

Even in her dazed state, the statement caused Ophelia's eyes to widen in fear and a small whimper to leave her mouth once she mentally translated what the man had said. She opened her mouth to attempt to beg to be brought home, but she was too weak to make anything beyond a whine. The men all cooed at her, causing her to become even more annoyed. She wasn't a child.

"Taehyung," Jimin said, pulling a tablet out from the bag on the floor of the car, "Find a movie or something that she can fall asleep to on there."

Taehyung nodded as he began searching through the video library, eventually settling on Sesame Street. Once he played the episode, he placed the tablet in a pouch on the back of the driver's seat, figuring Ophelia would be too weak to hold it herself.

Ophelia gave Taehyung a skeptical look, asking him if he was serious, but Tae simply smiled and pushed Ophelia's bangs out of her face. Ophelia simply sighed and put her attention on the tablet, but soon wanted to cry as she realized the episode was in Korean. In her disorientation, she was just mentally too weak to attempt to understand the language. The man next to her kept trying to encourage her along with the episode, but Ophelia instead closed her eyes with a whine, feeling the onset of a headache coming over her.

"Taehyung, let her sleep," Jin scolded as he saw Ophelia's eyes close. He softened his voice when talking towards the pink-haired girl, "Take a nap, little one. It seems that Kookie, Hoseok, and Daddy already have in the back." Jin's comment caused Taehyung and Jimin to turn around only to see the three curled up to each other, passed out with earbuds in.

"How long have they-?" Tae began, only to be gently shushed by Jin, whispering that Ophelia was falling back asleep.