Sun-Kissed Skies

Warmth. A comforting heat surrounding her was the first thing Ophelia felt as she slowly came back to reality. The softness of where she was laying alongside the warmth was enough to nearly lull her back to sleep until the realization that her bed at home should not be this comfortable held her back. But still, her eyes felt too heavy to open just yet.

While her current comfort never came from her own bed, it was a feeling she felt on frequent occasions. She and her friends often had sleepovers together, all of them cuddled up on one bed with piles of blankets surrounding them. Maybe that's where she was- she just had too much to drink and ended up blackout drunk with all her friends. She reached out her arm, which felt much heavier than normal, and attempted to hit one of her friends sleeping next to her to wake them up. Except her arm didn't come in contact with skin, only what felt like a wooden bar.

A wooden bar?

Turning her head towards where she threw her arm, she could see through her barely open eyes that this was not, in fact, any of her friends' bedrooms. Ophelia went to rub the sleep out of her eyes and her arms were sore, almost as if she had been working out all night. Once her hands met her face, she left them there even after rubbing her eyes; they felt too heavy to move.

Ophelia groaned and tried to sit up to see her surroundings better. She eventually sat up by putting her weight on her arms behind her to push her up, but soon fell backward, hitting her head on the bars on her short way down. Hissing in pain, she continued her attempt. Eventually, she sat up and rested her back on the white bars.

The room surrounding her was dimly lit, with a light hue of pink due to the early morning sunshine shining through the sheer pink curtains. As her eyes adjusted, Ophelia noticed that the room had a pink and white theme to it- white furniture with baby pink accents. She looked down at where she was sitting; a crib with white bars, pink comforter and pillow, and white sheets with small cartoon pandas on them. Ophelia would've thought it was cute had she not been trapped in it.

The crib was in the corner of the room, with a walk-in closet in the corner diagonally. A dresser was straight ahead of where Ophelia sat- it had multiple stuffed animals atop it. To the left of the crib, also in a corner, was a changing table with cupboards above it. A large sliding door was on the wall between the changing table and closet, covered by the pretty pink curtains, and Ophelia could see that it led to a balcony.

Besides the balcony doors, there were two other doors in the room- one in front of Ophelia, to the left of the dresser, and another on the wall to the right of her. This gave Ophelia three potential options to escape this strange room she was in. She didn't know where the two wooden doors led to, but she knew the balcony doors led outside, guaranteeing her an immediate way out. Now her only problem was getting out of the crib with her weak limbs.

Gripping onto the bars, Ophelia attempted to use them to pull herself up to her feet. After many attempts, she finally managed to stand on her shaky legs. Most of her body weight was on the bars of the crib, trying to flip herself over. The bars went up to her waist, making it rather difficult to just flip herself using her own weight, but she persisted. Once she managed to lift a leg up and over the rails, she quickly fell down, loud and hard, onto the white carpeting.

She winced and opened her mouth in a silent scream as she landed on her back. After the majority of the pain passed, Ophelia rolled herself onto her forearms and was about to sit up when one of the doors open.

Jimin had woken up when he heard a loud bang from across the hall. He didn't think much of it at first, assuming it was only Jin or Tae working on the baby room again. Once he remembered that Ophelia was now in the room, he shot up out of bed not caring if he woke Yoongi up or not. After the short rush to the nursey, Jimin opened the door, revealing his baby laying on the floor.