Wizard and Incipiency (Part 1)

To what manner does one react when faced with an individual of immense power and position? In the first days, I was baffled and taken aback. The meeting with the human whom called himself Xavier uprooted my world.

It was not nearly physical so much as mental. He was the most unique creature I had seen in my entire life. I was eternally grateful he was not an enemy as the Seven Sworn cautioned.

I kept his whereabouts and identity a secret for the few months he worked in my shop and spent using my dimensional pocket. He trained in it, casting all manners of spells the likes of which I had never seen before. Not once did he have to speak an entire incantation – he merely spoke the name of his spell and it flourished into existence. Feats only elder sages were capable of.

After he left, I used the teleportation sarcophagus hidden within the shop to enter the Reliquary Externus of Ob Ea Decemuiri – the secret guild of mages that protected the Goldenrock kingdom and its outlying areas.

As I ended the sarcophagus, I crossed my arms across my chest and closed my eyes.

"Translatio," I spoke.

Immediately, a heavy pulling sensation engulfed my body, but only lasted a moment. I opened my eyes to find myself in a familiar location once again.

The place designated as the teleportation room was regularly used, and as a result, had to be well maintained. Tapestries of golden and violet silk hung from high overhead, almost hanging low enough to touch the ground.

The large chamber was cast in an eternal blued-hue light that stood out from the rest of the Reliquary, and most places I had seen before. After coming through so many times, one did tire of the sight. Even the dancing candles and green flames that played along the pillars became bland.

"Greetings, Yoru arbor," one of the servants dedicated to keeping watch over the chamber said.

I ignored them, but not because they, too, had become bland. It was because of the demeaning greeting given. I proved myself time and again to the Seven Sworn, and yet I was stuck with a title befitting of a lowly maid, or slave. No matter the case I made to any of my fellow mages, or the Seven Sworn, none of them were paid heed.

I scoffed out of instinct as I briskly passed the servant. I knew it was not their fault, but one's nerves grated after nearly a century of being referred to in the same manner. I waved my hand in front of me as I approached the heavy looking ornate stone doors, which opened silently as though through my presence alone.

The hallway that greeted me was decorated with more tapestries, mostly of a teal coloring much more extravagant than even any king deserved. The perfectly carved marble walls and floor were brightly lit by small gemstones situated within the walls that emanated light through and around the stone.

This sight, too, had become bland even for myself. Each step taken down the long hallway resounded with the faint echoes of breaking glass that sent small glowing particles scattering around my foot that disappeared shortly after.

I came to a doorway with no door. Rather, it was a grey, dimly lit portal leading to a dark chamber. I stepped inside with the confidence of one who was ready to counter anything. The portal closed behind me and in front, a singular door formed from the darkness like a light at the end of a tunnel.

Pushing it open, I stepped through. My eyes took a moment to adjust as I entered a modestly sized chamber. Inside were seven pedestals seated up well above anything else in the room. They were positioned in such a way that the seven pedestals circled whomever had the privilege of standing in the center. The center itself had a magical scribing and symbol in a circular pattern, but I knew not for what purpose.