Mission Briefing

Everyone was sitting around a table in a conference room. At least, that's what Bri thought it was. It wasn't a large room, but it could comfortably hold 10 people, as well as the large oval table, and the computerized board that was fitted onto one of the walls.

Actually, Bri was wondering what the hell she was doing here. Because last time she checked, she wasn't a Spartan. She wasn't even really military. "What do you think is happening?"

Johnson just shrugged, about to give a verbal response before Linda held up one finger to her mouth. "Shh!"

Meanwhile, John was being... John, which is, well... he was sitting next to Kelly, and generally just ignoring anything around him, especially  Bri, and being quieter than a corpse. No, quieter. Corpses twitch after death.

"I just got here, and he doesn't like me or barely acknowledge me? What did I do?" In all fairness, John didn't like anyone  he just met, but it seemed like he especially didn't like her.

Then a woman (who she assumed was Dr. Halsey, after checking her name tag) entered the room. She neglected to sit down, standing at one end of the table. She had a small data pad in her hand, and her brown hair was combed back neatly. Her attire suggested she was some sort of scientist, and although she didn't specifically have the ONI symbol on her... well, she was certainly ONI.

"Greetings. As many of you know-" She gave the briefest of smiles to her Spartans. "-I am Dr. Halsey. I have called you here to do a very risky mission. Absolute top secret."

Everyone nods simultaneously. Surprisingly, all of the Spartans had small smiles on their faces, even John. It was doubtful Bri would ever see one of those on him again.

"As you all also know, your team is gaining a temporary addition... Bri here may not be a Spartan-"

"Spartans don't need help." John interrupted her. He didn't like the fact that a mere human was helping them with a task that Spartans could do themselves. Besides, it was too dangerous. He'd worked with ODSTs on dangerous missions before... many paid the highest price in order for the mission to succeed.

A human he didn't care for, no less. And didn't like. At all.

"Unfortunately for you, John, she is going with you. No buts."

John growled quietly, but he was elbowed by Linda, who was now apparently the mediator between everyone. He went quiet as he looked across the table at Bri.

Bri shrinks under his gaze and, if it wasn't for Johnson, she might have slid out of her chair.

"Don't be so hard on her, John. Let her come with us." Johnson cryptically said, shaking his head. "Besides, I don't think ONI would appreciate it if you threw her out the air lock."

"Indeed, they would not." Halsey shook her head, raising one eyebrow. She didn't remember her Spartans being this unwelcoming, aside from when they were tested against a certain ODST group, back on Reach... they were quite brutal, even if the olde men weren't playing by the rules.

Kelly suppressed a grin, as she listened.

John let out the quietest sigh ever to exist in the last 1,000 years, and slowly nodded.

Bri climbs back up in her chair and waits for further instructions.

Dr. Halsey continues, "As you probably know, The UNSC doesn't know much about covenant Tech. ONI has come up with a plan to solve that problem..a plan that involves capturing a covenant vessel." Halsey waited for their reactions calmly.

Johnson had at this point, walked across the room to take advantage of the waiting coffee, choking on it when he realized what Halsey had said. He looked up at her in pure confusion, wiping the coffee that had spilled onto his shirt. "Wha-!?!?"

John just cocked his head, arching his brows. A covenant ship.... taken over?

The other Spartans were just staring at Halsey, but they didn't appear entirely concerned. Bri, however, was staring at Halsey with wide eyes, and she seemed a little woozy.

Then Halsey tapped on the data pad. The board on the wall lit up. A CCS cruiser was displayed, with relevant information, such as it's massive size. "Specifically, this one."

At this point, Bri nearly fainted.