Preparing

Everyone left the conference room after getting their orders. "How are we supposed to capture a covenant vessel?" Johnson had gotten another cup of coffee and took a sip. He always enjoyed a actually decent cup of coffee, and apparently, the stuff Halsey got was far better than the usual military beans.

"We'll think of something." John was sure of that. He may have been fond of shooting his way out, but he thought he'd mix it up a little.

Bri slowly nodded. "What.. what if we take over a phantom, and use it to deceive our way into the ship's hanger?" She clearly didn't have any idea just what she was proposing... but she was working with Spartans. They did the impossible.

Johnson scratched his chin lightly, slowly nodding. "It's beyond crazy, but maybe..." He slowly grinned, looking for the reactions of others; fortunately for them, he liked crazy... as long as it wasn't a crazy woman.

"It could work." John might not like her that much, but it wasn't that bad of a plan. Well. Actually, it sucked, but it was far better than when they EVA'd their way through a hole in a cruiser's hull blown through by the frigate Commonwealth. Kelly almost didn't make that trip.

They went their separate ways to prepare for their mission. Fred went to get his armor, Kelly went to look up the available specs for both of the covenant's dropships, the Phantom and the Spirit, not respectively. She expected to be the pilot on this Op. Linda... well, she was fan of customizing her weapons to fire what she wanted them to fire. Almost certainly, any weapons she brought would not be calibered in their original format.

Bri was wondering which weapon to use when John went up to her. "Just because you're on this mission with my team doesn't mean I have to tolerate you. Got it?" The man towered over her with his extreme height. His voice was grim, but he didn't raise it enough for anyone but her to hear it.

"Aye aye, Chief!" She saluted him and ran off towards the armory, her foot steps steadily getting quieter as she ran farther away.

He groaned in annoyance and headed to the meeting spot, in the base's hangar, Everyone else was already there, aside from, to his increasing frustration, the new girl. What was her name? Eh. He didn't care.

"Where's Bri?" Fred 104, looking around. He had a BR55HB on his back, and a set of M7S SMGs. He also, of course, had the standard 7' heavy carbon-steel knife that every Spartan carried. Kelly 087 had a M45 shotgun, and a M6C SOCOM on her hip. Linda 058 had a M392 DMR and followed the accurate weapon with a MA5D, and of course, all of their weapons were silenced. This was a stealth mission, at least the first part.

"Looking for a weapon." John answered, wishing he could get this mission over with. S117 himself had but a simple, but silenced, MA5C, followed up by a un-silenced M6D, which was technically more powerful than most of the weapons the others brought. It's hefty 50mm rounds were not only pretty accurate, but with three hits to the noggin, they could knock almost down. Quite the powerful weapon.

"It takes her 5 minut-" Kelly was interrupted when Bri ran in. She had been forced by the quartermaster to wear some armor, mostly consisting of a light rubber suit with a protective gel layer, and a EVA helmet. She had several knives and their sheathes on various places around her body, and a M6C SOCOM. 

"I'm ready!" Bri yelled happily, much to John's chagrin. He let out a small sigh, before he put on his helmet,  pointing to one of the Pelicans that had been prepared for them.

'Blue team, move out." The Spartans, Johnson, who had decked himself out with SPNKR rocket launcher and a M7S... he was... heavily armed, and Bri boarded the human-made drop ship. After  a brief time at the controls, Kelly had the bird in the air, and it cruised quietly out of the hangar. Their craft had been specifically built for a mission such as this. UNSC forces would have to recover it later.