5 • My Protector

AFTER THE "DATE":

"Con, that was amazing and so much fun. Thanks for taking me out. Also, I had a lovely time on the show." I said, leaning against Con's car. Con smiled and said, "I enjoyed being on your team. But Alissa there was something else I wanted to ask you."

"Con, you can ask or tell me anything you want." I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

Con took a deep breath... Then said the words I've been dying to here nearly all my life.

"Alissa, I know we just met but I love you. I know in my heart you should be the one I deserve. The moment I found out you were a guest on the show, a bright smile formed across my face. You're an incredible woman and I hope you see faith in me to make me yours."

I almost passed out after Con said that sentence. He... He felt this way the whole time?

I mean it was obvious he liked me but I didn't know his feelings for me were that deep. Hell, if I would've known sooner I would have already asked him to be my boyfriend.

"Con..." I started.

Obviously I felt the same way about him but was I ready for another relationship?

Looking back in my past, I can still remember my terrible and horrifying experience with my relationship a few years prior.

I never told my brother, actually nobody knows about my past.

I planned to tell Jess and DC later on tomorrow. I trust the two of them the most and they both are my best friends.

My abusive relationship... Man, something I'll never forget. That experience was horrifying, cold blooded and brutal.

I gulped, remembering all the pain I went through.

×WARNING×

THIS SECTION OF ALISSA'S FLASHBACKS IS HEAVY AND FILLED WITH ABUSIVE CONTENT! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THIS SECTION PLEASE SKIP!

FLASHBACK:

"HELP!"

I screamed as my boyfriend, Josh, dragged me by my hair through the halls of our home in St. Louis.

My brother was out with some buddies and he wouldn't be home until late, which meant Josh could practically do whatever he wants to me.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as Josh kicked me straight in the ribs, causing me to fall backwards and smack my face against the big part of the desk.

"You wanna be a lil tramp?! Huh? You filthy slut!" Josh roared. I was in fear. I shook and put my face in my knees. Josh stomped over to me and lifted me off the ground by my hair and slammed me against the wall. I cried from the impact.

Finally as I was on the ground, Josh gave me one last kick to the face before leaving me curled into a ball, crying.

• END OF THE FLASHBACK •

"Alissa? Are you alright? Did I say something wrong?" Con asked. I faced him and held his hand with my fingertips gripping his palm softly. I sighed and confessed it all to Con. He deserved to know.

After my words, Con looked...

Angry, pissed, hurt... All in one. I saw his jaw clench and his eyes soften with sadness. Suddenly, a tear slipped down the Wildstyle King's cheek.

"Con..." I said. Great, now I felt absolutely horrible. Con wiped his tear and insulted my ex.

"That fucking bastard! How dare he lay hands on a woman and say names like that! If I ever see him, you better hope God is with him because I will kill him!" Con yells.

I wiped my own tears as Con put his arm around my shoulders.

"If you wish to be single, I would understand. Hell, that bastard... He traumatized you, didn't he?" Con asked. I sighed, nodding the confession.

Con frowned.

"But that doesn't stop me from loving you, Reggie." I said, finally able to pull off a smile through the tears.

"What?"

"My ex relationship doesn't and it will never stop me from loving you, Reggie." I proudly said.

Con made a confused face, which led me to do something I know would change us... Forever.

I pressed my lips against his.

To my surprise, he didn't bother to interrupt our lips. I felt him gripping my waist and I put my hands on his jaw.

As our lips moved in sync, I felt Sparks flying in my heart.

Con is the right one for me.

And nobody can change that.

Not Justina, Josh or even my big brother.

Nobody