twelve.

╔═════════╗
𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑽𝑰𝑽𝑶𝑹
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚═════════╝

╔══════╗
twelve.
backstab
╚══════╝

SOME LEGENDS ARE TOLD,
SOME TURN TO DUST OR TO GOLD.
BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER ME.
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES.

"ALL right, you two. I got the sceptre in the elevator..." Tony looked as his helmet displayed the interior of the tower. "Passing the eightieth floor."

Steve, standing beside Christina gave a curt nod, pressing the 'down' button on the nearest elevator.

"We're on it." Steve replied before looking over his shoulder. "Head to the lobby."

"All right, see you there."

When Christina glanced up at him, Steve quickly met her eyes. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Christina sighed through her nose. "Were SHIELD uniforms always this...bland?"

Steve pursed his lips, hesitant to answer. "..Yes."

A moment later, the elevator dinged making a sudden chill run up Chris' spine as her posture snapped straight. She gave a quick shake to her head, ridding her face of any emotion like Steve did.

When the doors slid open, the two were met with confused looks. Wordlessly, they boarded the elevator.

"Captain? Shouldn't you be coordinating search and rescue?" Jasper asked as Steve reached over Christina, pressing on a floor button.

Rumlow narrowed his eyes at the two, more specifically at Christina since he's never seen her before. His hand slowly went for his gun, keeping a grip on it.

Steve stared forward. "Change of plans."

Rumlow glanced at Steve. "Hey, Cap."

"Rumlow."

"Who are you, may I ask?" Jasper sent Chris a look. Christina looked back with a blank face.

"Christina Claremont." she replied with the fake name. "Was sent by Secretary to...help with the Captain's plans." Christina frowned, internally cringing at herself for trying to sound professional.

"What clearance?" Rumlow questioned, obviously not buying it. Surely Alexander would've at least mentioned her by now.

Christina slowly turned her head and looked over, glaring at him. "Clearance eight."

Jasper and Rumlow shared an unconvinced look.

"I got a call from the Secretary." Steve said, glancing down when Jack placed his hand on his weapon. "Me and Claremont are going to be running point on the sceptre."

Jasper turned, "Sir, I don't understand."

"We got word there may be an attempt to steal it." Steve replied with a nod. When Jasper glanced at Christina, she gave a single nod back.

"Sorry Cap, we can't give you the sceptre." Rumlow remarked, turning his head towards him.

"I'm going to have to call the Director." Jasper said as he reached for his phone.

Christina raised her hand towards Jasper, pausing him. "No need, sir."

"That's okay, trust me." Steve then leaned in towards him, who leaned back as well. He whispered, "Hail HYDRA."