Prologue

It was the year 2082, she was retired but that did not stop her from being unproductive. She was way tougher than the soft skin on her hands showing the London rail network with its wrinkles.

She never bothered to remove the app timers she had wisely placed back when she was 19, sure she did regret it the second it locked her out of the app until the next day and she did crib about it to her mom and her bestfriend for weeks until she accepted the fact that she bad done it to herself for her own good.

Most days she painted after retiring, she did not have much energy left now given the fact that she was 80 and her body used most of it to support her immune system and keep her healthy but she loved to paint. She loved drawing her spiritual guide the most, her spiritual leader and was always eagerly present whenever she got the chance to meet him.

And when she wasn't doodling around the little journal she carried everywhere, you could find her in a little nook on her spot in the sofa pouring over and rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with a glass of plain cold milk beside her.

She won't deny anymore, she's always been rather short about an inch away from 5 feet and although it did bother her in her youth, it does not affect her life anymore.

Today was a rather special day, it had been 60 years since her graduation from her course in design and she was ready to face the world as an illustrator. 60th was when she retired and so she chose to view her album 60 years after her graduation.

She chose the album on her phone and went to the first people to start swiping from.

As soon as her finger clicked it and the picture maximised. She was paralyzed with shock and confusion.

Her mind went blank as she stared at the horrifying version of the picture. She knew it did not look like that because like most girls she always checked her pictures after they were captured.

There she stood in the picture, the same old auditorium with the same old seats at her graduation venue stood tall in the background.

What she sees is herself between her parents with the tassle on her face and a lopsided hat as she dawns a toothy smile to match her knee length dress. Everything about the picture was right, except the people.

Instead of a confident young woman, she saw her mirror image, quite literally - an 82 year old wrinkled woman standing beside her 104 year old parents who were in wheelchairs.

It just wasn't right or fitting because they were all supposed to be 60 years younger.

She felt like she drowning in confusion, astonishment, shock, surprise and fear as just some of them because a truck load of doubt unloaded on her.

And as the doubt fell in her head, so did her phone in real life. A crack etched through the back of her phone to the camera deeply wounding the device even though it was easily reparable.

After the first five minutes that felt like eternity, her only thoughts were that..

was it possible for a virus to infect her phone and make the pictures age just as she did every day?

-

incase yall didnt read it in the description before opening the book:

D i s c l a i m e r :

• all the characters, plot, theme and everything about this story is mine because i came up with the idea while removing soap from my eyes in the shower.
• hence it is also a clean book with no mature content.
• any similarity to another book/movie/idea is purely coincidental
• becuz fam guess what we have a current population of 7 billion and many have already died and many will be born soo chances are that someone dead prolly thought this up before my birth.

thankyou for ur time.
mic drop.