chapter two - a close save

Only the sound of the water dripping from the expensive fountain could be heard as all the sounds around is were muffled as if the world wore a huge earmuff to block it out.

A man with frizzy white hair and equally watery skin that could have been cut open with a spoon was shivering silently on the cold stone floor. His head hung low, his hair messier than the wildest lion with traces of dried blood making the impression of crimson blood on snow.

He was beyond the stage of fear and frightened and the fighter inside him was slowly dying out into a submissive state. The place was imaculate around him.

Marble flooring so clean it reflected the ceiling above, the room dawned the latest technology and lab equipments like jewellery on a rich womans neck to help manifest the scheme that was cooking.

The glass walls on all sides did not help offer heat to help the man sustain himself as the snowy terrain outside might have been perfect for snowboarding and sledging but not for a man who needed a sauna. Neither did it help hide the humiliation by sweeping it under the rug.

The location was a secret underground lab that specialized in creating applications for various devices along with a few other secret projects. The current floor was the topmost one and the only one overlooking the view outside with no insulation. It was rumoured as the punishment cell amongst the employees and once someone entered there, it was near impossible for them to leave that room alive.

Across the man was a confident young lad in a crisp black suit, gelled hair, moisturized skin free of all acne and pimples. The tapping of his recently polished black shoes, making the rhythemic sound similar to tapping on wood.

An arrogant grin on his face as he paced around the room. He had never seen his feet or even the tip of his nose properly cause his head was always high in arrogance unless he was looking down at someone to give them a piece of his ridiculous mind.

"well well well Dr. Ice, isn't this just sweetly ironic?" The maniac laughed and tilted his head back as she paused in his strutting before looking the man curling into a ball in the corner to preserve as much heat as he could.

"but you should have seen this coming right? after all..it is in your name. Revenge is a dish best served cold.."

His patience was already edging and running thin and in a matter of seconds the expression changed from feigned mockery to a clenched jaw as he swung his arm and struck the man's already beaten up and bony face with such force it created a ringing in his ears.

Dr. Ice fell to the floor with the impact sustaining yet another injury to the face as it started bleeding making it seem as if a million pimples exploded all at once, a yellow kind of mucus came out to because he was poorly nourished, underfed and not taken care of for over three days. His body was releasing toxins in the only way it knew cause he hadn't excreted either.

"ANSWER ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU, YOU STUPID OLD MAN" echoed around the whole building as the raging lion roared before killing its prey, "You leave me no choice"

The egoistical owner/CEO of the company pulled put a gun that had been peeking out of his pocket all this while and balanced it straight to aim at the heart, before changing it to the head. He wasn't thinking straight, driven by ridicule, anger and fear of exposure as he pulled the trigger with a tight jaw and a stone cold heart.

Dr. Rice's glassy eyes made eyecontact with Matt Blackstone's and in that moment it reflected all the joys and happiness and good times he had experienced in his full life and could only be thankful for the pain to finally end.

Whereas, Matt saw a completely different picture, he took a slight detour and mentally left the place as old memories inundated him. It took him back to a time he would rather not live through again, the cruelty of middle school kids.