xv

My phone has been ringing for the past two days. Two days since the "talk" with Luke.

Honestly, I've been ignoring not only him but everyone else. Going out has become an option except when I have classes or work.

I continued to stare at the ceiling like I have been for the past how many hours since I woke up.

What Luke said back at the restaurant really pulled me back to why I hated him in the first place.

He can't just say that and expect me to smile. Yeah, it was sweet when he said that 'he can't get me out of his head' but this is the 2 years later.

It doesn't work that way.

My phone rings again and this time, I picked it up from my bedside table.

Luke is calling me. I don't even remember how and when he got my number when I changed it a long time ago. Maybe he got it from Michael, but then again, I don't know how he got my number, too.

I tapped the ignore button and decided to clear the notifications from my inbox.

Texts coming from Bailey, Luke, my mum and even Michael.

Not now.

I sat up to open the small drawer, pulling out my lighter and cigarette. I stared at the items that I was holding and thought, do I really need this?

I placed the items back inside the drawer, you know, just in case I needed a smoke.

My phone rings again and this time I answered. These people aren't going to stop unless I pick up.

"Hello?" I rolled my eyes even if the person couldn't see me.

"Joey." I should have checked before answering.

"Hi, Luke." I sighed. He is the last person I want to talk to.

"Where have you been? Everyone's been worried sick about you!" I hear shuffling on his line and a door closing. Loudly might I add. "You left me at the restaurant." He says quietly and I instantly felt bad.

"I'm at home." I groaned.

"Are you okay?" He asks in a worried tone.

"What do you think?" I snapped. I reached for a pillow and hugged it tight.

"Look, if it was something that I said, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

"Not everything's about you, Luke so just leave me alone." I suddenly shout, surprising myself at my sudden outburst. His deep voice was irritating me.

"I'm just trying to help." He sounds mad now.

"Well, I don't need your help so do me a favor and never bother me again." I end the call and fell back on my bed. My phone rings and rings and I ignored it once again.

-

I know I'm being overly dramatic but I think that's what happens when you keep things bottled up inside for years. First: school, second: I heard my dad was trying to get my mum back and no way in hell am I allowing that. And last but not the least, Luke. He just became an addition to all of this. Whatever this is.

There was a knock on the door and I'm getting this feeling that I know who that is.

I thoughr of ignoring him and pretend that I fell asleep but my legs had other plans. I opened my door and was surprised that it wasn't who I thought it was.

Flashes come off, left and right, questions are being thrown at me and I am being pushed inside the apartment. I quickly locked my door and slide down to the floor. I try to catch my breath and stop my heart from beating so fast.

What is the paparazzi doing here?

-

The paparazzi ended up leaving just this morning and I was glad. I felt bad for my neighbors because these people stayed there all night.

I finally decided to show up in uni today because I have been absent for a long time. The people in the corridors looked at me like I committed a crime.

Jeez, I just wanted to finish the second year of college.

Some people would whisper to each other. I heard one of them say my name and Luke's. I made my way to the classroom and notice how they also look at me like I grew two heads—no, three heads.

I sit at the very back of the room and the people carry on with what they were doing. A few girls that were two chairs away kept looking at me.

"I heard that she had a one night stand with Luke."

"No way."

"Such a slut."

"I know right! At least we have some respect for ourselves."

"She is such a shame."

I mentally rolled my eyes and searched my bag for a book to distract myself.

The voices of the girls got a little bit louder. Like they wanted me to hear it.

"She's not even that pretty." One girl laughs.

"Did you see her pictures in her apartment yesterday? Oh my god." Another says, making gagging sounds.

"I heard Luke paid her not to tell anyone but I guess she just used him."

Can't they just shut the fuck up? I pretend to look outside the window and the annoying girls stopped talking. I go back to my book—that I was barely paying any attention to— and the girls continued talking. Listen here you fucking bitches, I dated him way before his career started.

Lunch wasn't as great either. A few looks would come my way and I tried to look for Bailey. I owe her an apology for ignoring her the whole day.

I ignore the people and make my way through the crowded room when I saw her blonde hair. I sit on the other side of the table and waved at her when she looks at me.

"Look who finally showed up." She rolled her eyes and smiled after.

"Sorry." I say, playing with my hands.

"Don't need to say sorry." She smiled softly. "What happened, though?"

I sighed, "Luke happened." I say lowly.

She nods, "Was it the 'talk'?" She put airquotes.

I nodded and rest my head on the table. "He's so . . . confusing." I don't even know if that word is the perfect description, but it will do for now.

"Wanna talk about it?" She places her hand on my shoulder, lightly squeezing it.

"Yeah, but not here." I look up at her.

"Obviously." She smirks.

We leave the cafeteria and to the large field of the university. We take a seat at one of the benches and I tell her everything. From the moment I left the apartment until the rumors I've been hearing everywhere.

****

hi guys!! last update before we say adios to 2014!! spread this story around? thank you :-) love you guys