•|Steven|•

***

***

Scenario:

You were working a late shift at Mel's Drive-In, hoping to get through another busy night in the bustling Sunset Strip.

•••

Abbreviations:

Y/N: Your Name

•••

1:00am

'Just one more hour until I'm officially free, thank god...' I silently spoke to myself, taking a glance down at my Mickey Mouse watch on my wrist.

I've been working here at Mel's Drive-In since 10:30 in the morning, and slowly regretting my smart idea to pick up the extra hours for a restaurant that's open 24/7.

Located in the heart of West Hollywood in Sunset Boulevard, this quaint establishment has been maintaining its quirky appeal and essence of mid-century Americana since 1947.

Even us staff members were keeping the tradition alive by dressing up in with our time appropriate clothing. Today, I'm wearing my white v-neck buttoned blouse, black tight cigarette pants, and a pair of classic black and white saddle shoes. My hair was fashioned into a ponytail with a white waitressing cap pinned on top of my hair and my bangs rolled and pinned inwards to make bumper bangs.

All around the restaurant were black and white photographs showing a bit of this eatery's history, a vintage jukebox playing nothing but the hits of the 1950's, and a large panoramic windows overlooking historic Sunset Boulevard. Overall, this place was aesthetically was pleasing to the eye.

"Hey, Y/N! I got those orders ready for you!" I was quickly pulled away from my thoughts after hearing my name being called by the diner's head cook, James.

He was a year older than me, and looked a lot liked Marlon Brando when he was younger.

I turned around with my back against the lunch counter, seeing him in view of the serving window and placing two hot plates of burgers and fries ready to be served. I walked up to him to collect the orders.

"You're the best, James!" I told him with a smile on my lips, picking up the orders and settling them down on my tray.

"Anytime, Y/N." He grinned back at me, giving me a subtle wink as I only rolled my eyes. He laughed as I lifted up my tray in one hand and walked away from the counter.