t h r e e / missy's party

{Maya's POV}

It was the day of me and Farkle's presentation. We both got up nervous not ready to tell our class something really personal, not knowing if they'll take it seriously.

"To me, love is something I've never got. I've got plenty from my friends, plenty for my mom, but none from my dad. Which is probably why it was hard for me to first open up. Everyday, I walk to school. I look through windows and see a perfect family smiling and laughing eating breakfast. Everyday, I walk home and see a perfect family eating dinner smiling and laughing." I started the presentation, "That perfect family had a mom, a dad, and a 7 year old girl. The dad runs to the girl and hugs her and kissed her cheeks and the girl is smiling really brightly. And I secretly began to felt jealous. Why? Maya Hunter never gets jealous. That's what you all probably think, but I do. My dad left me when I was young."

"Now he's happy with a new family. He found a job and he's eating breakfast with his new family smiling and laughing. I'm always afraid that once I open myself to love, they'll leave me, just like my dad did. But one day, a guy came during a Christmas dinner. His name, was Shawn Hunter. Best friend, to Cory Matthews, the father of my best friends." I smiled and looked at Riley, "He fell in love with my mother and now they're happily married."

"My name is Farkle Minkus." Farkle started his part, "The future heir of Minkus International. I've lived my whole life trying to please my parents. Especially my dad. Because I want him to be proud of me, when I was young, my parents were always locked in the office room doing business stuff. And he needs to be perfect and he needs me to be just as perfect."

"So what do we think of love?"

"We think love is overrated, but we're willing to give it a chance." Farkle held his hand and and I hold it

"Thank you." We bow and smile brightly

"That was amazing! Thank you for a great ending for the day. Alright, there's no homework for today. Now, leave, live your life." Harper smiled as the bell rung

————————————————————————

"Peaches! That was amazing!" Riley ran up to me

"Thank you. You and Lucas's were okay." I joked

"Hey!" Lucas laughed and I just smiled at him

"Maya! Will I see you at Missy's party tonight?" Jake went up to me

"I only go if my friends can come as well." I told him

"Everyone's invited."

"Then I might come."

"I'll be looking for you." Jake winked flirtatiously and left, I just laughed

"HEY!" Farkle just yelled

"What!" I asked confused and looked at him weirdly

"I'm your boyfriend! Not Jake!"

"Fake boyfriend."

"Fake boyfriend. Real boyfriend! Doesn't matter! Not Jake! Why are you looking at him all lovey dovey!"

"I'm not, I'm just talking to Jake and- OH MY GOSH!"

"What?"

"YOU'RE JEALOUS!"

"You think I'm jealous of you? You wish."