Chapter 18: Insane

Luc's POV

The guard greeted me as I started to go into my place. He didn't even raise an eyebrow at my appearance. They've gotten very used to me coming home like a drenched rat. The living room was dark and I saw Vincent sleeping soundly, wrapping the blanket cozily around him. I felt mean enough to pour water on his face but I stopped myself. I didn't want to ruin my rug.

"Vincent, we are going out." I said as I pulled him up jerkily and started walking out with him. He stumbled and I held him up by tucking my hands under both his arms.

"Hey, wake up!" I snapped and he rubbed his eyes blearily.

"Luc?" He asked me in confusion.

"Yes. I've decided to share all my troubles with you." I said as I dragged his sleepy body outside into the rain. The rain properly woke him up as he yelped loudly.

"Arrrrghh! Bang..bang..boom..boom..psshht." He screamed and I raised an eyebrow at him as he shivered and then glared at me.

"What did you just say?" I asked him and he glared at me.

"That's me beating you to death." He snapped and I looked at him incredulously as he breathed in and out sharp, angry breaths.

"Why are we in the rain?" He screamed, trying to go back into the house.

I pulled him back and I could hear his teeth chattering. "Argh! Luc it's raining." He snapped in irritation as if I didn't know that.

"Yes. Starting tonight, you are sharing my troubles. Isn't that what you want?" I asked him and he looked at me owlishly.

"Huh? When did I say that?" He asked me, a confused look on his face.

"That was implied when you decided to become my wife." I growled in his face.

"Wait..I didn't see that in the contract and why are we sharing your troubles in the rain?" He asked me back and I stared at him. Why was this conversation sounding so weird? Do I even have to answer? I thought as I just dragged him while he struggled, until I was where I wanted.

"You will chop trees and I will watch. We can take turns." I told him, pulling out the axe from the last tree I tried to chop and handing him the axe. He fell from the weight of it and I stared at him.

"Aren't you ashamed to call yourself a man?" I asked him, seeing him struggle to pull it up.

"Exactly...I am not a man." He said and I raised my eyebrow at that.

"So what are you? A fairy?" I asked him and he laughed.

"Yeah..and I am flying away." He said as he tried to run off and I grabbed him by the back of his pajama collar.

"Oh god Luc! Why? Just why?" He wailed angrily and I was taken aback for a second.

"You know, it's perfectly fine if you love the rain and the trees and rolling in the mud sort of thing. As your wife, I will totally understand that you are a werewolf at heart. No judgements..absolutely no judgements. But that doesn't mean I have to do the same. I am a fairy as you said and this fairy likes a big fireplace and a warm house. Please enjoy the rain and the forest and all the buzzing insects and whatever you like outside at night and..let me sleep?" He asked me as he pressed his hands together in a begging pose and looked at me.

I averted my eyes. "You are not leaving anyway." I told him stubbornly.

"Are you going to bite me? It's not even a full moon night to convert me." He said loudly. What the hell was he saying? I wondered. As I said, my brain just flickers and runs an error code when I have to deal with Vincent.