21

The hardest part of all
(Da-da-da-dum-da-da)
Is that we're only built to fall
(Is it any easier?)

~~~

Twitter

@enews: Ashton Irwin, member of the band 5 Seconds Of Summer, spotted leaving a courthouse in Los Angeles along with his family and best friends

@enews: Ashton Irwin, member of the band 5 Seconds Of Summer, spotted leaving a courthouse in Los Angeles along with his family and best friends. Trouble in paradise or another lawsuit?
[106k likes]       [78k comments]

@kaizatamme: can we stop making assumptions please?
@mcclymont_: this articles a bit patronising
@lilhp_rd: @enews you guys need to step up your game and be a bit more sensitive. I really hope he's okay <3

~~~

@5SOSGlobal: The band were spotted stepping out of a courthouse in LA. What have they gone and done this time???
[45k likes]       [31k comments]

~~~

    Ashton sighed as he placed his head in his hands, his phone on the table in front of him, the Twitter app open on the screen. Thousands of tweets sat before him, each one a speculation of how the band and Ashton's family had left the courthouse in Los Angeles. How the paparazzi had managed to get photos of them, Ashton had no idea, but they now circled the internet, each accusation becoming more serious than the next.

    "You don't have to tell them, Honey." Sydney spoke, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder as she sat next to him.

    "They deserve to know." He replied, looking up at her from his hands, moving to rest his chin on them instead as his elbows rested on the table.

    "That's bullshit." Luke spat out. "They might be our fans, and yes, we fucking appreciate and love them so much, but this is too much. Ashton, this is our private lives, and this is a serious ordeal. They don't need to know anything about it."

     The five (Calum and Michael were also there) had decided that perhaps the studio was the best place for them at the moment. Writing was their safe space, and Ashton would often lose himself during the hours that they spent there, they all knew that. In fact, writing was probably one of Ashton's favourite things about his career. They may have already finished their fourth album (in fact, it was going to be released in the next month), but that didn't mean that they would stop writing at all.

    "But what about the band? What about it's reputation?"

    "Fuck that." Michael said. "You come first, and you should know that."

    Calum nodded along. "Yeah. If you feel like it's going to help you by tweeting or talking about it, then go ahead. But if it's the band you're thinking about instead of yourself, then you turn that phone off right now."