The Dementor

Stepping onto the shining pristine floors of the Hogwarts Express I shuffled through the crowd of unknown people. Shyly looking around I opened a door to one of the carriages and smiled my best smile. "Um, hello. Could I please sit here?" I questioned, looking up for the first time at who was in the small room. There were three boys sitting inside, one on the right, two on the left. The first person I looked at was a chubbier boy with brown hair and a round face. Beside him sat a slightly slimmer boy with the same shade of brown hair, clearly taller than the one beside him. Finally, my eyes made contact with the one on the right. Silvery blond hair laying perfectly upon his head, his bangs parting to either side of his face. Stunning grey eyes that felt as though he was staring at my soul. It wasn't hard to realize that this man was taller than me by at least a few inches. The robes that encased his slim body suited him very well, the green of his Slytherin colours matching his pale skin perfectly. These three were clearly Slytherins.

"There are other carriages." The chubbier one spat, glaring me down as if trying to hex me. "I'm sorry if it's not, I just transferred here and I can't find any other carriages to sit in. Please?" My eyes practically begged them to let me sit. "Why don't you go sit with Potter and his goons then?" Glancing my eyes to the right and facing the boy who just spoke I put my head down slightly and frowned. "I didn't see him, besides, he doesn't seem like a very good person. Sure I've heard of his feats, but that doesn't make him great. I don't want to judge him from this, but for now, I'd rather not sit with him and his... goons? You called them?" The blond boy chuckled slightly at my words, the other two seeming confused by his actions. "Whatever, find somewhere else. Think that way and you-" A silky voice sliced through the chubby one's words harshly. "Crabbe! Shut up!" I now knew one of their names. "Sorry about that." He started calmly, voice lowering from his rage to his previous one, clearly full of pride. Is this a good idea after all? I asked myself, realizing that sitting with Harry Potter might have been a better choice. I Have heard the stories of the dreaded Slytherins before, after all.

"The names Draco, Draco Malfoy." A soft smile graced my lips as I nodded. What a lovely name. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N). It's nice to meet you." The smirk that danced upon his lips continued to make me think twice about sitting with them, but I was too far in now. "Sit." Draco's voice held a tone I couldn't quite place, the simple word almost seeming like an order. "Thank you," I told him politely, obeying the small pat that he did on the soft leather beside him.

"As you could probably figure out, that is Crabbe," Draco paused momentarily to nod towards the boy I had just come to know. "And that's Goyle." He finished, nodding towards the other one.

The train ride went pretty smoothly for a while. I, Draco and the other two made small talk, occasionally they would talk about Potter and his goons. Something about that doesn't sound right. Shouldn't it be Potter and his friends? Starting to think about how it might just be the Slytherins in front of me poking fun at Potter and his friends I decided it might be best to not call them that again.

As I finished my thought the train came to a sudden stop, the four of us looking confused as we started to shiver. Without any notice all of the lights on the train suddenly shut off, leaving us in darkness. Sporadically the train randomly shook, catching us all off guard. Glancing over at the crackling sound coming from the windows I looked over to face them, frost quickly covering the windows in full. The glass that showed the halls of the inside had also frosted over at this point and we were all shivering like mad. Not having my uniform yet I was currently wearing some shorts and a T-shirt, obviously not expecting what had suddenly come on. Tightly wrapping my robes around myself I continued to shiver harshly, clearly colder than the three boys around me, even if just by a bit.

A strange, almost groaning sound echoed throughout our ears before a ghostly figure appeared almost like the grim reaper from muggle tales. Directing its attention towards our cart it slowly started to open up the door, me, instinctively scrunching closer towards Draco and away from the monster in front of me. Something about it seemed to drain me of any joy that I had ever felt, awful memories flicking by in the back of my mind so clear, but not quite there either. As I scooched as close as I could to Draco I suddenly felt arms wrap around my waist, pulling me in closer. It didn't take a genius to know, however, that this was not of valiance, but like grabbing your teddy bear when you are a little kid and you're scared of the monster under the bed. I didn't mind though, instead of as the monster came closer I turned around and hid my face away in Draco's chest.