The Boggart in the Wardrobe

"Intriguing, isn't it?" Lupin asked us, smiling. "Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" The wardrobe rustled and bustled as it banged around loudly, begging to let out what was inside. "That's a Boggart." I chimed up. "Very good Ms. (Y/N)." Lupin complimented "Now can anyone tell me what a Boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." Hermione started, Ron, whipping around suddenly, catching my attention as I could hear his faint whisper asking "When she'd get here?"

"Boggarts are shapeshifters, they take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes them so-" Hermione was sharply cut off by Lupin. "So terrifying, yes, yes, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to expel a Boggart. Let's practice it now. Ah, without wands, please. After me: Riddikulus." Without any arguments, everybody repeated the word back to him. "Riddikulus."

"Very good, now louder, very clear. Listen. Riddikulus!" Echoes chimed throughout the room as we all loudly repeated his words. "This class is Riddikulus." Draco taunted in a hushed whisper to Crabbe. Me, standing behind them, I was able to clearly hear Draco. Although it shouldn't have been funny I found it quite humorous. Concentrating as hard as I could to silence it, I let out a giggle. Draco turned around confused to let me know that he heard me though. As I stopped giggling swiftly and looked at Lupin I could see the all too well known Draco Malfoy smirk out of the corner of my eye that always meant trouble.

"Good, well so much for the easy part, you see, the incantation is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart is laughter. You need to force it to take shape of something you find truly amusing. Let me explain, uh, Nevel! Will you join me please?" Professor Lupin requested simply. "Come on, don't be shy. Come on. Come on." Nevel quietly stepped forward. "Now, what frightens you most of all?" Lupin asked, voice low. Under his breath, Nevel mumbled something that none of us could quite hear. "What?" Lupin asked, clearly confused. Nevel repeated himself clearer. "Professor Snape." All of us letting out a small laugh. "Yes, frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandmother?" He stated, receiving a "Yes, but I don't want that Boggart to turn into her either." The class laughed behind him, I included. "No," Lupin said quietly. "It won't. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes very clearly in your mind."

"She carries a red handbag-" Nevel began, Lupin interrupting him mid-sentence. "We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do." Lupin stepped forward towards Nevel and whispered something in his ear. Nevel's eyes seemed to widen slightly as Lupin leaned away from his ear. "Can you do that?" He asked him, voice louder this time. "Yes! wand at the ready!" Lupin ordered as Nevel gave a knowing nod. "One, two, three.' Lupin counted off slowly before pointing his wand at the wardrobe, opening it. Everything went dead silent for a moment as the wardrobe ceased all movement.

The Snape look-alike suddenly stepped out. "Think, Nevel, think." Lupin whispered to him, Nevel shouting "Riddikulus!" Making Snape suddenly wear what we could only guess to be his grandmother's clothes. The Boggart looked confused as everybody laughed. "Wonderful Nevel, wonderful! incredible!" Lupin cheered proudly. "Okay! To the back, Nevel. Everyone form a line!"

Draco shoved Harry out of the way and moved forward behind me, a shiver rushing down my spine. What now?

Everyone was excited to take turns as we all enthusiastically lined up behind Ron. The Boggart started to swirl and spin in all directions until it finally took its shape. My breath hitched in my throat, my right hand starting to shake by my side as I tried desperately to stop my injured arm from doing the same. I froze. In front of us was a giant spider in all of its horrifying glory. Anxiety rushing through me as my heart pounded against my rib cage. Somehow I hadn't noticed my hands stopped shaking at first, but prying my eyes away from the creature in front of me, I noticed a hand holding my right one tightly. Following the arm, it was clear that it belonged to Draco. An odd comforting sensation ran throughout my body.