Talons and Tea Leaves

Walking through the forest the next morning was very calming considering the night before. I was trying my hardest to stay composed and not focus too much on it when I suddenly perked up and out of my thoughts at hearing Draco speak. "Exactly how do we do that?" His voice rang through my ears like a sharp needle slicing through me. "Google just stroke the spine of course," Hagrid responded, I finally realize that he had asked for us to open our book. Glancing around at the others I noticed Draco looking just as confused as I as he flipped the book around slightly to see the front and back of it. Seeing how his nose scrunched up slightly before he rubbed the spine a couple of times and opened the book gave me the tiniest smile that disappeared almost as soon as it had appeared.

Following suit I also rubbed the spine of my book, removing my eyes from Draco's figure before he could realize that I was looking at him. As a loud noise suddenly barks out from behind me I jump slightly, turning to see Nevels book attacking him. "Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom." Draco snarked, his voice full of poison. "I think they're funny." I could hear Harry's female friend say as she walked off with Harry and their other friend.

"Oh yeah, terribly funny. Really witty." Draco taunted the girl's comment. "God this place has gone to the dumps. Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this Oaf teaching classes." Draco sarcastically taunted, his voice growing snarkier and more annoying the more he spoke. Goyle chuckled from behind Draco, Harry finally speaking up. "Shut up, Malfoy." Harry spat his words, obviously not wanting to talk to him anymore. I just couldn't take it any longer, seeing him speak to others that way. He was so nice to me on the train, his true colours were showing and I had to get my mind away from whatever thoughts I was having. "Draco you shouldn't talk to people like that!" I snapped back, stepped beside Harry and his friends.

"Oooooo!" A few people that had gathered around us mocked my words as Draco took off his bag and flumped it down into Crabbe's arms. A mocking smirk crossed Draco's face as he strolled towards Harry and I. As he got closer, fear crossed his face as he stared up at the sky, seemingly terrified of what was there. "D-Dementor! Dementor!" Draco pointed into the sky and raised his voice slightly, shouting in fear. Everyone turned around, including Harry as Draco and his goons started to laugh. I didn't look, knowing at this point that had to be a lie. Stepping back slightly Draco and his goons flipped up the black hoods of their robes and made another "Ooo" sound as they held their arms in front of them and wiggled their fingers.

Why does he have to be so fucking cute?! He's a goddamn asshole who doesn't deserve any of the attention that he is receiving. Having these thoughts run through my head I shook off any real emotions that might have had the chance to grow if he wasn't such an ass.

The girl snarled at the Slytherins in front of us and grabbed the upper part of mine and Harry's robes, dragging us away from him.

"Thank you," Harry spoke as we walked away. "You didn't have to stand up with us there."

"It's really no problem. I misjudged him on the train. He's nothing but a complete jerk who doesn't deserve any of the attention that he is getting. I hate Slytherins." My eyes grew dull for a moment then filled with anger. "But, aren't you a Slytherin?" The other boy asked curiously. "I wish I wasn't. I was hoping for Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw."

"Are you sure that you really wanted those over Slytherin? The sorting hat takes your opinion into account when choosing." Harry responded to me, his questioning voice held a slight concern to it. "I don't know..." I began. "Either way it doesn't change that I don't like them or their attitude! That Dementor almost attacked us on the train too! Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and I were all scared shitless! Draco held me like I was a teddy bear for christ sakes!" As my rant grew on I noticed the shocked faces of the three in front of me. "What?" I asked them as I cocked my head to the side slightly.