Hamilton

A/N: Peter lives with May, but when she's out of town he stays with the Avengers in the compound. He also goes over there pretty often after school to hang out and/or work in the lab. All of the Avengers met Peter. Also, I don't own Hamilton ... yet. ;)

***

Tony hated Hamilton.

There. He'd admitted it. Take that, Clint.

Why did he hate it?

Frankly, Tony didn't understand why someone wouldn't hate it. The musical was long, the songs were repetitive, and the main character was some annoying snob who just happened to be a genius with a sob story. Boring!

And no, he hadn't seen it. Thanks for asking.

In the end, the real reason Tony hated Hamilton was Peter. The kid loved the musical far too much. He had gone - just once! - with his friends, and suddenly, Alexander Hamilton was everywhere. It had been "Hamilton" this, and "Hamilton" that, 24/7. Quite literally! Tony had come down to the lab once, at 3 in the morning, only to find Peter singing along to the soundtrack while tinkering on his suit.

The 46 songs had been playing on repeat for 4 weeks straight, and Tony was sick of it. He literally had all of the lyrics memorized. It was torture.

He couldn't even send the boy (and his music) home to his aunt. May was on a trip, which meant that Peter was currently staying in the compound. To make matters worse, it was summer, which meant that Peter was with Tony in said compound all day.

Eventually, Tony snapped. After one late-night outburst, Peter - finally - gave in. He stopped blasting that awful music, making references, and talking non-stop about Hamilton. Then, when May came back, he left altogether to return to their house in Queens.

The compound had been too quiet for weeks afterwards.

***

Four months later, Peter was pacing in the kitchen, talking his mouth off. May sat at the counter, listening attentively.

"-And it's so stressful, because Mr. Stark monitors when I'm out Spider-Manning - I know that 'cause he told me, he was like-" Peter switched into a horrible impression of Tony's voice, "-Oh, yeah, by the way, your AI - what did you name her, Karen? - updates me whenever you put the suit on, take the suit off, and what all of your vitals look like when you're in it-" Peter went back to his normal voice, "-So the first time we had rehearsal after school, Tony called me - called me, May! - in the middle of a scene, so I had to text him some excuse about going over to Ned's house. And I'm sure he knew I was lying, but I can't exactly tell him the truth, so-"

"Why not?" May asked.

Peter stared at her, confused.

"Why can't you just tell him? About the play?" she clarified, "What's the worst that could happen?"

"Well," Peter rushed to explain, "If I tell him that I'm putting on a play, he'll want to come see it. Don't give me that face, May, you know he will. He came to the spelling bee - the spelling bee! - when I told him about it. Of course he'd come to the play!"

"What's wrong with that?" May asked.

"We're performing Hamilton!" Peter exclaimed, "Mr. Stark hates Hamilton! He yelled at me for ten minutes straight about it when I was at the compound last summer. Well, to be fair, I did play the soundtrack whenever I could ... but that's not the point! The point is, if Mr. Stark came to the play, he'd be miserable, and I don't want him to feel like he's obligated to sit through over 2 hours of something he hates! That would be awf-"