07

"seonghwa," hongjoong frowned. "look what i found."

seonghwa looked up from the bed, his eyes red and filled with tears. "what now?"

hongjoong shoved the sheet of paper into seonghwa's hands. "read it."

seonghwa frowned down at the letter, reading it quickly.

dear seonghwa,

i know you're really mad at me right now, and i'm not going to make up any excuses for that matter. i know i hurt you, and i'm sorry. i just didn't want you to get hurt after.

i'm leaving korea, seonghwa. i'm sorry.

my parents want me to study in america. they don't want me to continue my studies here in korea. i refused, but they forced me to. that hurt me. i don't want to leave you. but i can't. that's why i broke up with you. i don't want you to get hurt.

but i'm hurting.

i want to stay with you. i want to be with you.

but i can't.

i'm sorry seonghwa.

goodbye.

~jeon chae.

tears filled seonghwa's eyes. he frowned at hongjoong.

"do you know when she's leaving?"

hongjoong bit his lip. "i don't know. but i heard someone say that there is a flight to america today."

seonghwa frowned. "we have to go there."

hongjoong smiled a small smile and nodded.

"let's go then."

and that's how both of them ended up rushing towards the airport at top speed. as soon as they parked they ran inside and past the security guards and up the stairs, seonghwa yelling "chae! jeon chae!" like a madman with hongjoong trailing behind him. people stared at them, but seonghwa didn't care one bit—he only wanted to see chae.

soon, they reached a terminal gate, security guards chasing them from behind. seonghwa looked around worriedly for chae. he felt like giving up, until he found familiar brown locks.

"JEON CHAE!"