Love and Loyalty part 1

Some would say their love is wrong. It kind of was considering one was a national icon, the other being a fugitive. The only thing that kept them together was their love for each other and their son.

Their son wasn't biologically theirs and wasn't a boy. He was a grown man over the age of ninety-five, his mind was only two years old. The damage he received from his past caused irreversible damage and he was mentally stuck as a two year old. That only made them love him more.

Rumlow confessed his love to Steve shortly after Shield found him and Bucky in a warehouse. Steve wasn't sure if he was being genuine or looking for a way to not to get the death penalty.

After spending more time with him and seeing how Bucky was attached to him, he started to see Rumlow wasn't the same guy who tried to kill him in the elevator. Rumlow kissed him first and Steve could admit he liked it and was convinced enough to talk to Fury about other living arrangements for Bucky and Rumlow.

After a few months of convincing the council and Steve's friends, Rumlow and Bucky were able to live with Steve if Steve would accept liability for both of them. Steve assured them that were going to be okay.

Two months after their release, Rumlow and Steve's love for each other grew as did their love for Bucky. Steve had a hard time coming to the conclusion that Bucky wasn't going to be the same as he knew but he was okay with it.

Bucky was a very complex person to many of his therapist. The only conclusion they had for him was he was mentally two years old, suffered from PTSD and had a split personality disorder with his other half. The winter soldier. That side of him could only be controlled by commands, Bucky told Steve and Rumlow that he could hear a voice in his head but it wasn't a bad voice until someone uttered his trigger words.

They got used to his condition and made adjustments around their home. Bucky had a toddler-type bedroom. He had a bed with railings so he wouldn't fall when he had a nightmare or a seizure.

His nightmares scared him to the point he couldn't focus on anyone. His eyes were glazed and he couldn't hear Steve or Rumlow talking to him. He hasn't had one that bad in a while, but his nightmares were frequent and bad, it got to the point that Steve installed a baby monitor in his room. While it was one of the best investments they made, today was one of those days where it really wasn't. Bucky woke up early and was laughing at something. Someone had to get him before he got out of his bed.

"Steve, Steve it's your turn to go get him."

"I put him down last night, you go get him." Rumlow groaned, he rolled out of bed and stretched. He went to his son's room and opened the door. He heard laughing coming from under the blankets in the crib.

"Where did you go?" He looked around the crib, the laughing got louder.

"I guess he left, it's a shame, but I guess that means more blueberry pancakes for me." Rumlow smirked when the laughter stopped and he was met with a pair of angry blue eyes peeking from under his blankets.

"Just kidding, did you sleep good?" Bucky nodded, his blankets slipped off his head revealing a fuzzy mess of hair.

"Oh God, this never gets better. Let's get you changed and we'll go make those pancakes." Bucky smiled, he lifted his arms, Rumlow carried him out his bed and laid him on his change pad.

"Dada, stars."

"You see the stars on your wall? What color is that one?"

"Green." They installed glow in the dark stars on his walls as a sensory item, Bucky loved them along with his star lamp. Rumlow took off his dinosaur onsie and changed him into an Elmo two piece. Rumlow brushed his hair down, then he noticed Bucky had spaced out.