The Asset's Hunt

There was no doubt in anyone's mind that the winter soldier was great assassin. Over two dozen confirmed kills was nothing to joke about. He could find and kill anything. Even with Bucky's regression, he always seemed to find something and get himself in trouble.

Steve was always a little worried that the soldier's skills were fading a little due to him being inactive for so long. Not that he was going to go on a mission anytime soon, but it was better to keep his skills fresh in case something happened. When he talked to other avengers about it, they understood his worry and decided to test the soldier with a little test in the form of an Easter egg hunt. While it was a cute idea, Steve wasn't sure about letting the soldier out to find some eggs.

"I don't know if this is a good idea." Said Steve.

"This is a fantastic idea. He'll do great." Said Nat.

"But why?"

"Steve, you've said it yourself that you're afraid that Winter is losing his skills and frankly I'm a little worried too. So with this hunt, it'll just freshen up his tracking skills."

"Nat, I meant putting him in the training room with some of Stark's training robots and see how he does. I want Bucky to experience Easter not Winter."

"Exposure and starting him slow is probably best. But also think of this as a trust exercise. I don't think you've notice but Bucky is becoming aggressive around us."

"Is he really?"

"Sam said he growled at him the other day and he's been side eyeing everyone. Winter is feeding Bucky's anger and you know he doesn't understand anger yet." Anger was one of the things that he had to be medicated for, if it wasn't getting better than something was wrong.

"You think it's because he's isn't out as much as he's used to?"

"Could be. Winter's trust with us is little to none. He tolerates you because Bucky loves you. Rumlow is probably the only person he might have any respect for. So we need to work on that and I think this little hunt will help Winter relax a little."

"I just don't know about this."

"We have to trust Winter as much as Bucky does. So you go get the baby from his nap and we'll be ready down in the garage. And put that suit on him." Nat handed him a bag, Steve's eyebrows went to his hairline.

"But it's-"

"No buts, just go." Steve sighed and went back to his floor. He wasn't sure about this, but deep down he knew this was about trust with Winter. Once he got upstairs and into his room, he saw that Bucky was awake on his tablet.

"Hey, pal."

"Daddy, look." He showed him his drawing with a bunch of scribbles. It was a new thing Steve put on his tablet that allows him to draw. At first, Bucky hated it but after a few hours he loved it. Not as much as the Paw Patrol app, but he got used it a lot.

"That's very nice. Can we do something fun today?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, can I get you to wear this?" It was bunny onesie with ears. Once Steve got it on him, his heart melted. "You are impossibly adorable." Bucky smiled which just made everything better.

"Come on, let's go play." They went in the living area then Bucky spotted an egg on the lamp.

"That?"

"Go get it." Bucky picked up the pink egg then gave it to him.

"Egg."

"We're not making eggs, open it. Like this." Steve popped open the egg, there was a piece of chocolate. Bucky took it and ate it.