Chapter 2

POV Jack

I think about the boy on the way to my merchandising class, I think about the boy at my desk, I think about the boy as I type up a report, I think about the boy until the bell finally rings signalling the end of class.

I can picture him in my garments, I can picture the way the tweed trousers will look on those legs, I can picture how the blazer will fit perfectly on the boys square but not overly broad shoulders. He is perfection and I decide I'm willing to venture a trip into the cafeteria to find him.

I gather my things and tucks my laptop under my arm before leaving the classroom. The halls are crowded and my frustration is at a new high as I try to pass through. When I finally reach the cafeteria I pause near the entrance and looks around. I see Harvey, Andy and Mikey, I'll go sit with them until the blond haired boy shows up. I know the boy may not even come to the cafeteria, but its worth a shot.

I'm about to go over to my friends when I hear a familiar cackle. My head whips around and sure enough, there is the boy with his head thrown back in a laugh. The laugh is clearly caused by Rye again, they sit across from each other at one of the tables. The boy claps a hand over his mouth to try and stifle himself and hangs his head, his shoulders shaking. I feel a smile tugging at the corners of my lips at the adorableness of it.

I turn on my heel and starts toward the table. When I approach the table the blond boy almost releases another cackle but then he seems to notice me approaching and freezes with a grin on his lips. I offer a polite smile and Rye cranes around to catch a glimpse of whoever the blonde is staring at. His eyebrows shoot up when he sees me. 

"Hey," I say easily, pulling out the chair beside the blonde and sitting down.  The pretty boy's mouth is still gaping open and the blond-haired boy his eyebrows are almost touching his hairline. I find it a little odd because I don't think I would be quite so put off by a stranger taking a seat but I just maintain a polite smile. "Sorry to interrupt your lunch, I was just wondering if you had a minute?" I ask the blond haired one.  The boy swallows thickly before he nods. "Sure mate, what's up," he says. His voice is amazing. The boy sounds like an angle. He gives a shy smile, only one dimple showing, and looks at me expectantly. I nod and brightens my grin, I'm asking for a favour after all.

"What's your name?" I ask first.  "Er- Brooklyn Wyatt but you can call me Brook," the boy replies.  "Nice to meet you, I'm Jack Duff," I say.  "I know," Brook says, but then he looks like he wishes he hadn't said it. Rye seems to laugh under his breath for some reason and Brook shoots him a scathing look.

I'm not that surprised that the boy knows my name. I'm by definition an introvert, I'd much rather be alone or with my three best friends because social interaction tends to be draining on me. However, while I would prefer to be alone, when I'm forced into social settings I'm extremely outgoing and has the ability to interact well with almost anyone. All my life I've been surrounded by people who consider themselves my friend, even though I'm the type of person who only has two or three true friends at a time. 

So I'm not surprised that Brook knows my name because almost everyone does. I have introduced myself to people before and received hurt looks in return because I've already met them. I know for sure I've never met Brook though, because I know I would remember a boy like this. 

"Right, well, I actually have a huge favour to ask you and I want you to keep an open mind before you say no, yeah?" I ask grinning.  "Erhm, alright," Brook says, totally nonplussed.  "What year are you?" he asks.  "Third," Brook says as if I'm admitting something bad.  "Alright so I doubt you know this but every year there is a winter fashion show. I'm in my third year as well and have to get my fashion design degree, and so the winter collection that I've designed is going to be shown," I explain. Brook nods but still looks confused.

"That's great, but um, what does that have to do with me?" Brook asks. "Well I've designed three menswear outfits and I need someone to model them on the runway," I continue. Brook's eyebrows scrunch up. "Surely you're not implying you want me to do it," Brook says and lets out a nervous chuckle. I'm nothing if determined though. "That's exactly what I'm implying. I saw you in the hall and it's like you were built for what I've designed. I need you to do it," I say. 

Brook scoffs. "I'm not a model- I- I can't model," he stutters.  "Well you can walk can't you?" I say gently. "It will be easy, all you need to do is put on three outfits and walk down a runway," I added. Brook shakes his head vigorously. "Listen, I'm really flattered but I'm not the most graceful individual and I'd probably fall flat on my face. And I really don't think I'd do your clothes justice," he said shyly and I find it adorable. "Listen Brook, I'm not really the type of guy who takes no for an answer. I don't want to be too forward but I've decided you'll be perfect and I'm asking you nicely," I say with a playful smile.

Brook blushes and looks down at his hands on the table. "I don't want to let you down," he says quietly. I'm a little thrown off by the genuine concern in the boy's voice. I realise he isn't saying no because he doesn't want to, or he has something better to do, he sounds genuinely worried that he won't do well enough. It is absolutely endearing.  "Hey mate," I say so Brook looks up at me. "You'll be perfect." I continued. "He'll do it," Rye says brightly. I and Brook raise our eyebrows at him. "Right Brooky? Tell him you'll do it." Rye added. I grin and look at Brooklyn. "Okay, I'll do it," Brook says, with a sheepish smile.

I clap my hands together. "Great! That's awesome! Give me your number so I can tell you when to come to the studio for fitting," I say. When I got Brook's phone number I thank him again. I also thank Rye for helping convince Brook. I leave Brook looking like he's wondering what he's gotten himself into.

I'm grinning from ear to ear when I go to the table Mikey, Andy and Harvey are at. They look up from their own little world when I pull out a chair beside them.  "I've found my model!" I say happily. "Who?" Andy asks excitedly.  "A third-year named Brooklyn Wyatt. He's perfect; he's middle height," I said.  "How'd you convince him?" Harvey asks.  "I was pretty persistent," I said and shrugs. "But now that I've solved that dilemma my mind is clear so I'm going to the studio to work for a bit. See you guys at home." I added. I said them goodbye and then hurry out of the cafeteria, feeling light with relief.

The lightness turns out to be from hunger though, and by the time I get to the studio my heart is racing and I feel dizzy. I dig around in my bag until I find the plastic bag of celery sticks I packed in the morning. I munch on them while I sketch and downs a bottle of water to help fill my stomach. I can't stop myself from thinking of how beautiful Brook was up close, his lips and white teeth and eyes so green and warm.

I hope you liked this new chapter!

Another update will come tonight around 8:00 PM (Dutch time)

Let me know what you think!

-xxx- Bella