Hangover

It's in this moment that all the drinking finally caught up to me. As soon as Kaho barged through the door and I saw her faceless head, I became nauseous. I started to feel clammy and my stomach turned. I quickly run over to the trashcan across from the bed and throw up some of the alcohol.

I feel one hand rub my back and another keep my hair out of my face as I empty my stomach. I immediately become embarrassed when I realize they belong to Reo. Of all the people to watch me throw up, why must it be the one person here that hates me and the guy I may have feelings for? Before I can think any more into it I throw up again.

A few minutes later I finally finish and lean back into Reo.

"I'm fine," I say as I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, leaving a red smear from my lipstick. Reo continues to rub circles on my upper back.

I brace myself as I go to look at Kaho. Fortunately, her face back. Unfortunately, she doesn't look pleased at the sight of me practically sitting on Reo's lap.

"What did Nima want?" Reo asks.

"She sent me up here because I am also probably going to puke any second," she slurs as she stumbles over to the trashcan.

"Oh great, so now I have to babysit two drunks," he rolls his eyes.

"Oops," is all I can manage to say.

I feel disappointed as he stands up from behind me. "I am going to go get more waters for you two. Play nice until I get back." He slips out the door and closes it behind him.

I can't tell if it's just the nausea or what, but the air in the room dropped like ten degrees once he left me alone with Kaho.

I turn so my back is leaning up against the wall and pray that he hurries up before she says anything.

"I feel like we need to talk and with me being wasted, now is probably the best time to do it."

My prayers failed. "What about?"

Before she can speak she throws up and I slowly crawl over to hold her hair out of her face. She doesn't flinch away.

"I have been so mean to you," she cries out before throwing up again.

"Oh," is the only word I can think of to reply with.

She spits before speaking. "I hated the thought that Reo might like you." She slumps back onto the floor and looks at me with tears brimming her eyes.

"I know it is incredibly selfish, but that is what happens when you have a crush, right?" She lets out a small chuckle at the end of her sentence. I look down at my lap and bite my tongue inside my mouth.

"At first I held out hope that he would only see you as a friend, but after seeing you two together, I cannot deny the feelings he has for you."

"What makes you think he has feelings for me? Everyone keeps telling me this." I knew the answer to my own question but I needed to hear from another person for some unknown reason, even it's from the drunk girl who up until now I thought hated me. All the signs are there. Ever since the plane ride I've noticed little things in his behavior. Judging by Kaho's eye roll, I sense she's seen them too.

"Oh please. From the moment you two walked into the arcade I knew something was up." She coughs before continuing. "The way he looked at you as you scanned the room, the teasing when you were playing Smash with him, how he wrapped his arm around you as you left. Don't even get me started on what I witnessed while you were throwing up."

Yep. That confirmed it all. She didn't miss a single one, in fact she even caught stuff I missed.

"All of this is just a long way of me saying," she takes a breath. "I am sorry. What I mainly hope for is Reo to be happy, even if it is not with me. He is that way with you."