Chapter 11

After everyone ordered, Hinata let himself fall into a seat on Oikawa's side. The setter was surprised, he hadn't awaited to see Hinata freely so close to him. Iwaizumi was chatting away with Asahi and Sugawara, something about the curse of being the most responsible person in the team, some kind of team mom... Oikawa didn't care much about that but he did care that Iwaizumi looked so happy that he spent time with Karasuno.
"Oi Grand King," Hinata next to him began with his mouth full of ice cream, "You're glaring. Are you okay?"
"G-glaring? Me? You must be seeing things, Chibi-chan."
"Nope, I saw it. You looked like about to murder..." his eyes darted over towards the direction Oikawa had been looking at and Hinata gasped, "S-Suga-senpai and Asahi-senpai...?!"

Oikawa rolled his eyes and took a spoon of his ice cream.
"I wasn't glaring."
Nishinoya on his other side leaned a little closer, a large shit-eating grin splitting his face in a half. Oikawa started to feel uncomfortable.
"Why aren't you dating yet? I don't get it."
Oikawa choked and started to cough uncontrollably into his hand; Hinata immediately took action and slapped his back a few times until he was sure Oikawa had calmed down. By now, all eyes were on them and Iwaizumi didn't look too pleased.
"Hey Shittykawa, pay attention you dumbass!"
Nishinoya bursted out giggling and didn't even try to muffle it. But after everyone returned to their conversations and it was just Nishinoya staring at Oikawa, the latter shot an icy smile down at him.
"I don't think that is any of your concern."

Nishinoya rolled his eyes and exactly how Sugawara taught him, jabbed him into his side with a tiny huff. Oikawa could suppress that yelp in the last second but was now on the edge of starting a fight with Karasuno's libero.
"Oh c'mon Oikawa, tell me. I understand you more than you think."
Oikawa quirked an eyebrow, this positive smile made him sick. But, realizing he was jammed between Hinata and Nishinoya with no way to escape, Oikawa had to rethink his choice. A sigh escaped his lips and the setter averted his face back into Iwaizumi's direction. Why did this always happen to him?
"I asked. Lots of times already. Iwa-chan laughed it off every single time."
Nishinoya's smile faltered; eyes followed Oikawa's towards the rambling inu in front of them. Hinata who had listened in to this conversation was now frowing and not quite pleased by the fact that something else than a smile was on Oikawa's face.
"Why?" was the first thing the orange head blurted out, with such outrage that Oikawa had to rewind his question twice to be completely sure of his tone.
"Agreed," Nishinoya chimed in from the right side and tilted his head left and right as if deep in thought, "Iwaizumi was so moody when you neglected him-"
He cut himself off and snickered.
"He refused to go back to Aoba Johsai the next day after you've found out. Just cuz he couldn't bear seeing ya."
"His own words!" Hinata chimed carefree in from the left.

Wow. That was something interesting. Pretty interesting. His lips curled up into a sly smirk.
"My my, Iwa-chan~!" he cooed out, loud enough for Iwaizumi to hear who immediately silenced and turned halfway around to Oikawa, "I never knew how much you love me! To skip school just because of me~!"
Oikawa started to fan himself with his hand, acting all dramatic which resorted to common giggles left and right from him.
"Oh Iwa-chan, you are so romantic~!"
Iwaizumi stared at his friend, not quite sure how to answer on that. His final response was a smack on this head, during the motion almost falling into his own ice cream. Oikawa set up a pout and rubbed his head to sooth the aching spot.
"OW! Mean Iwa-chan! Ouch! Show some love!"

Asahi chuckled and leaned back into the seat, almost as if to get out of reach for the punch he could forecast from Iwaizumi.
"Actually, that's the way inus show their affection. Iwaizumi is clearly the head of the team- no offense, Oikawa-san. Inus control their pack with punches, smacks, general physical attention. And the amount of punches he directs at you..." Asahi trailed off, smiling mildly entertained.
Oikawa was flabbergasted and his eyes shot back towards Iwaizumi who was busy lunging over Sugawara to try and punch Asahi. He was red faced by now and Oikawa just knew, that was true.

Damn. That was something he hadn't expected.
"The Grand King is blushing... God why is everyone so gay in here?" Tsukishima muttered under his breath and Yamaguchi began to snicker along. Daichi grabbed Iwaizumi from behind to restrain him and prevent him from hitting Asahi who had ducked away with a manly squeak.
"Shut up Tsukishima," came the pissed answer from Kageyama who had kept himself in the background the entire time. What was even more surprising than Tobio-chan defending Oikawa (or he was just sick of Megane-chan's comments, who knows) was the fact that Iwaizumi hadn't said any word against the entire thing.
So... He felt especially affectionate towards Oikawa?

Tooru had such a large grin on his face, he was afraid it would cause him wrinkles. It was an entire mystery how a day with the Karasuno guys could have turned out to be so entertaining and interesting, however, Oikawa blamed Iwaizumi's influence on him. He was the first one who got along with them so well and shoved Oikawa into the group.
Even more disappointing was the phone call of Oikawa's mother who hadn't seen her son the entire night and day and demanded him to come home.

Iwaizumi's eyes hung on Oikawa as he left, mildly disappointed. It had been a lot of fun to get together with both him and Karasuno-
In fact, he had been afraid. Afraid that he had to choose some day between Oikawa and his pack. But now, everything was okay. Pretty much perfect, if he was honest.

"Iwaizumi-san... Why are you denying Grand King's proposals?" Hinata blurted out into the round and Iwaizumi stiffened. Yeah, great.