chapter two: kind words

Only a few days later, I find myself lying on my bed, watching and rewatching the video from the class I took from Willdabeast.

More specifically, the part where I danced with Sean.

Every time I watch us, I feel the butterflies in my stomach come to life again, a slight blush returning to my cheeks as I remember the connection I felt between us.

I'm rewatching the video for what could be the tenth - or more realistically, the hundredth - time when I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in," I call lazily, not bothering to get up. The door creaks open and I only look up when I hear my sister's voice.

"Still binging 'Friends', I see," she says playfully. I roll my eyes, letting my hair fall in front of my face as my cheeks heat up. She doesn't need to know the truth... at least, not yet.

"What else did you think I'd be doing? Cooking?" I reply sarcastically. Kylie laughs at that. Every one of my family and friends knows how notoriously bad I am at cooking - the most I can do is make pasta, and even then, someone always has to keep an eye on me to make sure I don't burn down the kitchen.

"Yeah, cooking," she laughs, "No, I came to tell you that there are two girls at the door asking for you? Should I be concerned, or...?" I shut my laptop quickly and shake my head.

"No! It's probably just Bailey and Tahani - I forgot we planned a sleepover," I say. I stumble out of my bed and down the stairs, ignoring the slightly shocked look on my sister's face. Sure enough, Tahani and Bailey are waiting on our front porch, dance bags and blankets in hand. "Hey!" I exclaim, wrapping the two girls in a hug. Even though we only met a few days ago, I feel like I've known these girls all of my life. It has definitely made the transition into LA and the dance industry a lot easier.

"Hey!" they reply. We break the hug and I let them inside, leading them into the living room.

"I think we'll sleep in here if that's okay. I don't think we'd all fit in my room," I say. They nod and throw their stuff on the floor before we all flop down on the couch, turning on our phones. I start scrolling through Instagram - now that I've gone to a few classes, I've found so many talented dancers to follow, and it's taking me a long time to catch up on everything they've done.

After a few minutes of silence, I look up from my phone. "Do either of you want water?" I ask. They both nod, so I head to the kitchen and pour three glasses. I'm heading back into the living room when I hear Tahani squeal.

"Oh. My. God. Bailey, you HAVE to see this!" she yells. I walk into the room to see Bailey turn her head to look at Tahani's phone. Her jaw drops open and she looks up at Tahani excitedly.

"OH MY GOD! HE DIDN'T!" she screams. I set down the water glasses and look at the pair, confused. What's going on?

"Kaycee, do you follow Sean on Instagram?" Bailey says, barely able to contain her excitement. I shake my head.

"No, I didn't know he had one," I reply. Bailey grabs my phone off of the table and opens my Instagram, quickly searching for what I assume is Sean's profile.

"There!" she sighs, a smile on her face. She hands me my phone, but instead of seeing Sean's feed, there is a post open on the screen. I scan the image before the realization hits me - That's the video from class. Sean posted the video!

"Oh, that's not even the best part, hon," Tahani says. I look up, "Read the caption." Looking back down at my phone, I scroll down and start to read the caption.

Got to attend another amazing class from @willdabeast_, and I gotta say, it was one of the most fun classes I've taken in a long time. I also had the pleasure of meeting and dancing with the insanely talented @kayceericeofficial. Can't wait for next time :)

My cheeks heat up at the compliments, and I look up to see Bailey and Tahani grinning like idiots. "Did you see what he did? He literally complimented you and said he couldn't wait for next time!" Bailey gushes. I shrug, pushing my hair in front of my face to hide my pink cheeks.

"I don't see what the big deal is," I mumble. Tahani and Bailey giggle, "No, seriously, I don't. He's just being nice to a new girl, I'm sure I'm not the first one he's done this for." There is NO WAY that I'm the first new person that someone as cute and talented as Sean Lew is being nice to.

Wait... cute? There it is again. What am I thinking?

"But the thing is, Kayc, you ARE the first one he's done this for," Tahani replies, dragging me out of my thoughts.

I gulp, keeping my mouth from falling open. Tahani jumps off the couch, quickly followed by Bailey. "Sean likes you! Sean likes you!" they chant, dancing in a circle around me. I roll my eyes and try to hide the blush on my cheeks, but it only grows as I listen to their cheer.

"Ooh, do you like him too?" Bailey teases, stopping as she sees the blood rushing to my cheeks. I look down and blink before replying, clearing my thoughts.

"No, I... no. I mean, I only met him a few days ago. And it's like I told you - he's probably just being nice," I stutter. Now it's Bailey and Tahani's turn to roll their eyes.

"You only met us a few days ago, and yet here we are, having a sleepover at your house," Tahani points out, "So your point is?" I sigh.

"The point is that I don't like him, okay? I just think he's being nice." Tahani and Bailey share a glance, and I notice that it's quite similar to the one they shared at my first class.

Bailey turns to me and smiles, "Whatever you say. We won't pry any more if you don't want us to." I smile gratefully and nod.

"For now," Tahani whispers playfully. We all burst out laughing and the conversation moves on to other topics. We watch movies and eat popcorn, tell stories, and laugh until our stomachs hurt before finally deciding to go to sleep for the night.

As I lie in my sleeping bag, I let my mind wander, trying to think about anything and everything that doesn't have to do with the conversation I had earlier about Sean. After all, I'm not one to believe in things like love at first sight (even though I do consider myself a slightly hopeless romantic), so it shouldn't matter what Bailey and Tahani said.

Drifting off to sleep, I do my absolute best to shove away the question that keeps coming back, begging to be answered. But I can't help the fact that it sticks there, burned into my brain as if I had stared at the sun for too long.

Do I like Sean?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i read so many seaycee fanfics today and i felt so inspired, so here is part two already :) a little shorter than the first one, but here nevertheless

thank you so much for reading <3 ~ellie

word count: 1223