The Beginning Of A New Life

Chihiro's POV

"I'M STROOOOONG!!!"

Everything moves in slow motion as I see Mondo swing the dumbbell downwards. Before I can react, I feel the force of the dumbbell on my head and close my eyes...

And when I open them...

I'm greeted by a set of giant gates that swing open...

Inside there is a large park-like area with a large fountain. The pavement is covered in cherry blossom petals, which are falling from the cherry trees lining the area. And past that there stands a tall building...

"Hope's Peak!", I gasp.

"Chihiro!!"

Someone calls my name. It sounds like...

"Leon?"

I see a tall figure with spiky hair run towards the gates. "Come on in, Kid! It's ok!"

I look at the tall building once more and start running to Leon. I quickly reach him and he hugs me tight.

"Hey, Little Dude."

I start crying as I look up at him.

"Leon! What are you doing her? Where am I? What happened?"

"Calm down, Kid. I'll explain everything later, for now we have to get you inside."

I wipe my tears away and notice something odd...

"Leon, you have wings!"

He chuckles. "Yeah, and so do you. I'm surprised. For a little guy like you, your wings are huge!"

"Wha-" I look over my shoulder and see a pair of rather large wings protruding from my back.

"What the-"

"They might start to feel heavy, but it'll be ok. C'mon. there are some people inside who have really missed you."

And with that, he picked me up and carried me to the school. It looked just like the one I was just at...the setting of that cruel "game"...He carried me through the halls until reaching the AV room...

"Hey, guys. Look who I just found waiting at the gates?"

He put me down gently as two people turned to face us...

"Sayaka?"

Before us stood two girls. One of them had long blue hair and bright blue eyes, Sayaka.

"Good to see you, Chihiro! Thanks for finding him, Leon."

Leon silently nodded.

"Who are you?"

The other girl had short, black hair and pale gray eyes.

"Mukuro Ikusaba. I'm Junko Enoshima's twin sister. She is the mastermind behind everything. She had me stand in her place while she ran the killing game, but she betrayed me..."

"S-She...killed her own sister?"

Mukuro nodded.

"I'm sorry. I'm partially to blame for this."

"For the last time, Mukuro, you aren't to blame for this." Leon spoke up from behind me.

Mukuro smiles slightly.

"Um...guys...what's with..." I point to the big screen at the front of the room. The screen is blank currently.

"Oh...that...Leon, how much have you told him?"

"I'm getting to it."

He kneels down to face me.

"Chihiro...we are all dead. This place is our afterlife. Everyone of us who dies ends up here, where we are at rest. We can spend the rest of eternity the way we SHOULD have been able to. But until the twisted game ends...this is where we keep tabs on everyone." He gestures to the rest of the room.