5

Rin was escorted to the 1-A dorms immediately after leaving Nezu's office. She stuck close to Aizawa's side the way she had been doing since he found her on the beach, and looked around the dormitory courtyard with piqued interest. Birds sang in the distance and were harmonized with the sound of rustling leaves. A car alarm blared in the background, and Rin could detect jumbles of chatter coming from inside the building she and Aizawa were steadily approaching. She had come to realize that the world away from the ocean was a noisy, bustling place.

She looked down to the pavement beneath their feet just as they reached the entrance, feeling the itch in her legs for the sensation of sea water. It had almost been an entire two days since she felt the lick of the ocean on her skin; she wasn't sure how much longer she could keep away from it.

"Rin," Aizawa said, eliciting her to look up and see him holding the door open for her. "Let's go."

She obliged without a word, and upon entering the dormitory, Rin was met with all of the kids from the 1-A class strewn across the main social room; either sitting upon the sofas or congregating on the floor around the TV.

Rin held her attention onto them as Aizawa led her toward a set of stairs, and slowly stopped her steady pace as she gazed up toward the television screen. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of the moving pictures they were intently watching, but the longer she stood there, the more she wanted to join them.

Aizawa's hand came down on her shoulder after a moment of her staring, and without a word she continued to follow him up the stairs. Several doors lined the parallel walls at the top, and Aizawa guided her passed all of them to the elevator at the end of the hall.

Rin, once the metal doors slid open, halted in her tracks at the sight of the narrow-looking box, and sent Aizawa a questioning look as she took a tentative step back.

"Don't worry," he coaxed her forward by stepping into the elevator. "We'll only be in here for a second. Come on."

Still appearing unsure, Rin exhaled gently and followed his lead. The small of her back pressed up against the metal rail connected to the wall, and she watched unsurely as Aizawa pressed a button on the panel beside the doors. At the gesture, they closed slowly, and the sensation of the ground moving beneath her feet made her knees buckle.

Aizawa caught Rin by the elbow just before she could hit the floor, and he couldn't help the gentle chuckle that escaped him at the startled look on her face. Rin frowned at the sound and held onto his arm for dear life, and nearly sprinted out of the elevator once the doors opened again.

Shaking his head in amusement, Aizawa stepped out and waved her along. Rin was met with an identical corridor he had led her through the first time, but instead of passing all the doors, he took her to the very last at the end of the hallway.

She watched as he opened the door, and stood in the doorway whilst he walked inside. The light switch on the wall was flicked on, illuminating a simple room with a twin sized bed on the right, and a desk to the left. A large window was stationed parallel to the door, and off-white curtains hung from a rod above it. There was a circular carpet on the hardwood floor, and a tall dresser sat beside the desk.

"This'll be your room," Aizawa had said, tugging her in gently by the wrist. "You sleep here, and — once you start participating in class — you'll be studying here, too."

"Sleep." Rin repeated quietly, shuffling toward the bed and sitting on top of the plushy duvet.

"That's right," Aizawa nodded in confirmation, leaning against the doorframe as he watched her look around. "I'll get you clothes to sleep in later, and dinner is in an hour."