8

"Repeat after me, Rin," Aizawa instructed, holding up a card from the stack in his opposite hand. "Cat."

Rin crossed her arms on top of the dining table, leaning forward to get a better look at the image on the flash card in front of her. By the look on her face, Aizawa could guess that she wasn't used to seeing animals other than fish, and couldn't help the quiet chuckle as she proceeded to enunciate the word.

"Cat." She replied, nodding once confidently before detaching her stare from the feline to look at Aizawa.

"Very good." He praised, and set the card aside before picking up another one.

It had been about an hour or so since Aizawa called Rin to the kitchen to get a grasp on some basic words she'd need to know. Rin was cooperative and caught on quickly, which made the whole experience a lot less stressful for Aizawa as he was the one who was in charge of teaching her everything. The previous night he had taught her how to use chopsticks, and managed to get her to eat plain ramen instead of seafood. That morning, over breakfast, she tried orange juice instead of water, and the way her face lit up upon tasting it made him smile.

"Rabbit." Aizawa continued in his tutoring, but before Rin got the chance to repeat it, the sight of Deku entering the dining room distracted her.

Aizawa turned over his shoulder upon his entrance, and a subtle frown fell upon his face as Rin jumped up from her seat to stand at his side.

"Uh, hey, Mr Aizawa. I wanted to ask you something," he said awkwardly, keeping an eye on Rin as her fingers wrapped around his bicep. "I sort of promised Rin to take her back to the beach today to prevent her skin from breaking, but I wanted to check with you to see if it was okay first."

Aizawa tapped his finger on the tabletop contemplatively, and after a moment of silence, he sighed.

"Fine," his teacher replied, standing and collecting his flash cards. "Just keep her out of sight and stay close to her; the last thing we need is her disappearing."

"Right." Deku nodded in understanding, and with a curt look in Rin's direction, they were exiting the dormitory together.

An excited air filtered around Rin as they walked, and she twirled a strand of her curly hair around her finger. Deku continuously glanced at her from the corner of his eye, and sighed out gently as the soft morning breeze rushed through her hair.

It took no more than twenty minutes to get to Musutafu's beach, and once they had, Rin rushed passed Deku toward the splashing waves. Joggers smiled upon seeing Rin's excitement as she went by them, and once the girl was ankle deep in the water, she turned over her shoulder toward Deku. A large grin was plastered on her face, and a heat spread across Deku's cheeks as she hastily beckoned him to hurry up.

He did so quickly, and once he was in front of her, Rin took a quick look around the beach before pulling him deeper into the water. Thinking of this ahead of time, Deku was glad that he decided to wear his swimming shorts instead of khakis.

Within a moment, Rin was tugging him into the depths, and he sucked in a deep breath of air just before his head was consumed by the water.

Deku watched in amazement as a veil of light shined around her legs before the scales of her tail began to formulate on top of her skin. Matching sunset orange plates licked up her forearms and across her chest, and the gills on her sides opened up to give her the ability to breathe under water.

Rin turned over her shoulder at him as she swam further into the ocean, and slowly let his hand go to float in front of him. The echoing sound of laughter sounded from Rin at the sight of his puffed out cheeks, and Deku remained motionless as she rose her hands and held them beside his head.