03. Chapter Three

03TROUBLED WATERS

03
TROUBLED WATERS

The boys gather around, watching as their hyung pace back and forth in one place. Jin was frantic. They were shocked.

"You're in a what?" Yoongi asks, jaw slack.

"A dating scandal," Jin grumbles.

"You're in a dating scandal?" Jungkook reiterates, eyes enlarging by the second.

"Yes."

"And it's not with Yerin, your girlfriend?" Jimin adds.

"No."

"But it's with..." Taehyung trails off, unsure.

"It's with Aera," Jin snaps, now getting angry. "How many times do I have to repeat myself? I'm in a dating scandal with Aera, not Yerin."

The others stay silent. Smart move. It was very clear that Jin was on the verge of erupting.

"Does Yerin know?" Namjoon asks. Soft and careful.

Jin sighs. A tired hand drags down his face.

"Yes."

"She okay?" Hoseok asks.

The eldest nods, "I told her everything and she understands. She just thinks it's stupid, that's all."

Everyone looks relieved but the shock and confusion still lingers as they mull over the explanation Jin had given them earlier. Something about him helping Aera get her trapped shoe out of a sewer gate. That's it. But media likes to twist things around and now there's loads and loads of articles saying that they're dating.

Jin's phone chimes with a text.

"You might wanna look at that," Yoongi advises. He's surprisingly genuine.

Jin gives him a glare that screamed 'I already knew that captain obvious' and proceeds to read the text, knowing fully well it was from their CEO.

After a moment, he groans. A sound from the deepest, darkest part of his throat. The others look scared.

"He wants to see me."

"We figured out that much," Namjoon says.

Jin shakes his head. Solemn. "He wants to see me so he can bring me to Stardom Entertainment to talk with Aera and her boss."