Chapter 1

Sitting in the gigantic airport alone I felt small and lonely. Desperately wanting someone to explain the events that took place in the last 24 hours. Someone, anyone.

No. Not anyone. I wanted my mom. My dad. My brother. I wanted my family. I wanted them so badly. But they were gone. For good.

" Hi sweetie. Are you Cameron Joyce? "

'Cameron Joyce.' Haven't heard that in a while. The only person who called me that was my mom when she was really mad, and she was mad very often, so she called me that all the time. She never liked the nickname my brother, Asher, gave me so whenever she introduced me to someone she introduced me as....

'Cameron Joyce.'

I looked up to see a beautiful women standing in front of me. Her vibrant green eyes full of worry and sorrow. For me..??

She wore a simple yet elegant white dress and a lose bun sat atop her head leaving thin ringlets of light brown left to frame her face. She was pretty.

She knelt down in front of me and put her hands on mine. Then carefully and slowly reached up to wipe the tears on my face that I didn't even know were there.

"It will be ok I promise. I am Florence but call me Ren."

A beautiful name for a beautiful women. She must be the only one willing to take me in. My mothers best friend. Apparently they were friend since dippers but I never heard about her since I never really talked to my mom. We had a 'complicated' relationship.

"Please call me C.J no one calls me Cameron anymore." I told her when she looked at me expecting me to speek.

"Of course honey. What ever makes you feel comfortable. Shall we go home now?"

'Home'

Yes, I want to go home. Back to Alaska. Back to my family. Back to my friends. Back to my life....

Tears formed in my eyes threatening to pour out but before they could I nodded and got up. I grabed my backpack and then went to pick my suitcase from the floor when Ren stopped me.

"Leave that Carson will get it. Here. Let me call him."

With that she took her phone out of her bag and bought it up to her ear probably calling 'Carson'. Who ever he was.

No even a minute later a tall brunette with green eyes came running towards us and stopped in front of Ren.

"Carson be a dear and get Cam- I mean C.J's bags would you? Oh I all most forgot this is Carson. My oldest. He's 24. Carson you remember C.J"

He does?

"Yeah. But I don't think she remembers me."  He replied looking at me with nostalgia in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Feeling awkward and unsure of what to say I decided to apologize for not remembering some one who clearly remembered me.

"No need to apologize. It was inevitable. After all it has been 16 years." He had a knowing smile on his face.

16 years? I was 17 and we seemingly met 16 years ago so I should have been 1 and he was probably 8.

8 years old but he still remembered me. Wow. He must have an amazing memeory.

"He does. A photographic memory to be exact." Ren said.

I must have said that out loud. Awkward.

"Well lets get going. Everyone is waiting. They are all dying to see you."

Everyone? How many of them are there?

"Come now C.J. Carson get the suitcase and put it in the trunk."

Carson nodded and carried my suitcase probably to the car.

Nope not a car. Definitely not a car. It was a huge Jeep. HUGE.

Ren opened the back door for me and I politely thanked her. I sat down on the huge, comfortable seat which was big enough to swallow me whole.

Ren herself sat in the passenger seat while Carson drove. Carson started to drive and Ren told me to get comfortable because their house was a 4 hour drive from the airport.

A small part of me felt guilty and thankful at the same time for making them drive for 4 hours to the airport just to get me.
I had to sit in a car for 4 hours so I decided to catch up on the sleep that I lost last night.

Last night.

No. No C.J. pull yourself together.

I put on my headphones and turned the volume up all the way. Then I let the darkness engulf me and fell into a deep sleep.