02 - That might change something after all

You wouldn't want to call it fear that started creeping up your throat when they spread out to look for the intruder. Your hands were sweaty, but you wanted to believe that it was only pure nervousness that caused them to slip as you tried to pull yourself further away from the edge where you could be spotted more easily than in the middle of the train's roof.

Voices reached up to you, the female one being one of the more dominant ones. But the one that guzzled itself the deepest into your consciousness came from the guy with the grin. The one that had such an excited undertone attached to his words that it made you shiver uncomfortably.

"Well he can't be far", you heard him purr. The girl laughed lightly but her laughter died off as they walked further away. It was only then you realized that you'd been holding your breath again. As calm as possible you let oxygen fall into your lunges. Carefully you lifted your head a few centimeters up to glance over the edge. No one seemed to have remained where they had stood seconds ago. They must have been really sure that the person they were looking for ran into another direction.

A victorious smile crept onto your face as you thought that.

They don't know anything, do they.

You waited another two minutes listening with closed eyes into the night, but it remained silent. And you decided it was time to run. If you waited too long, they might just come back. After all they had left at least five cans here and if they weren't complete idiots, they wouldn't want to leave direct evidence laying around. Plus, the cans probably were still full.

A thought sneaked into your mind and as much as you wanted to abandon the idea, it just stuck with you. That was the feature you hated most about yourself: Not being able to resist stupid ideas.

So, you slowly made your way to the edge, calculating if it was worth jumping down. Obviously, it would make quite a lot of noise but from your assessment the group was far enough for you to still make it out of here quickly enough. Then again there was this idea and that would take some precious time away.

While you still pondered the different eventualities you suddenly heard a deep voice coming from where your feet were. It was so dark that you almost mistook it for a growl. But a shocked looked into the direction made clear that it came out of a human throat even though what you saw was nothing better than a growling animal.

"Who do we have here?"

A mischievous smile rose on his face. Why do they all seem to enjoy this so much?
Without thinking any further, you jumped on your feed and pushed yourself off of the train. The gravel came closer faster than you had time to register your freefall. While you still tried to process what just had happened your hands already shot forwards to protect your body from a massive crash. As soon as they met the sharp stones a flickering pain shot through your arms into your chest. You couldn't do else as wince in pain followed by a muffled cry.

Pushing yourself up on your knees you felt like the stones had cut open both of your hands completely but didn't dare to look. From enough experience you knew that looking at injuries usually only increased the pain. You didn't really have time anyways.

As you got up on your feet you already heard someone land behind you. It sounded as if the person had planned his jump out with more thought than you, since the gravel didn't seem to shift under him as it had done at your colliding.

Your legs tensed up ready to sprint away as your eye got caught up in a sight you couldn't leave just carelessly, and you hated yourself for that.
In the orange light of the street lamps a spray can, unthoughtfully thrown to the ground, seemed to pull you into its very own gravity.
It had the same color as perfectly mellowed red plums or fresh harvested eggplants: Aubergine. Your very favorite color on this planet.

Your hand reached for it subconsciously and just as subconsciously your sprint fell into a jog. you reached the metal can, closed your fingers around it and for a second, you almost forgot what was going on behind you. But as someone grabbed your shoulders aggressively and threw you to the ground, you remembered.

But it was too late.

Your hands again teared when they made contact with the gravel and your chin met one of the train tracks. you felt numbness creep trough your  jaw and had to close your eyes for a second. You could feel gloved hands ripping your hood off and the guy behind you exclaiming to the others. You could hear footsteps and tried to clear your sight by shutting your eyes tightly, but it stayed as blurry as before.

You heard someone murmur something cloudy and that was when you gained back your strength. Even without a clear sight you had the surprise moment on your side and as you built up all possible momentum, you came free for a moment. It was almost caught by surprise yourself that you made it. you saw seven people looking at you rather confused. Had their faces before been covered they now were free from fabric. The dark pairs of eyes examining you made you want to run, but you knew that there was no way you could outrun them. Not in your current condition.

So, the only thing you could do was- Well actually there was nothing you could do.
They could beat you up right here and now and even worse. You didn't want to think about it. But before you could get more terrified than you already were, the guy that had thrown you down grabbed your arm. His grip was firm what probably was your fault since you had escaped him before. You could see something like uncertainty inside his deep black eyes.

"What do we do with her?"

he asked while still not letting his gaze get away from you. The guy that answered stepped next to him and as you saw his face your breath got stuck in your throat. He had longish black hair that curled slightly around his sharp facial features. Universe black eyes looked at you and you immediately felt the strength abate from your body.

"We take her and punish her. What else?"

When he said punish you winced. And why take you. Where? Why not punish you right here on the spot?

"Sure?"

The first guy asked without looking at the black haired. His blond hair was put back with gel making his forehead visible and you couldn't help but gulp at the red line that dragged itself from his hairline above his left eye down until this right temple. It looked suspiciously like a knife wound to you.

"Of course, I'm sure. Her being a girl does not change anything, Hyung." He paused a second.
"Although- ", He moved an inch closer to you. Compared to him you were tiny. You'd never been tall, always the shortest in your class. This guy was tall and had wide shoulders. And there was something else about him that made you feel so small. You couldn't quite put your finger on it but one thing you knew: He was intimidating.

"That might change something after all."

His mouth twisted into a dangerous grin, before he untied the kerchief behind his neck and came closer. For a moment you didn't know what was happening and as you realized he had already blindfolded you.