Incoming Steel

It was growing dark and the patches of sunlight were slowly fading.
      "We should probably stop now." Jaek said warily, looking over his shoulder. Arya looked around. It was not an ideal spot for sleeping but she agreed that they needed to stop.
      "Fine but you get the firewo—"
      "Shut up." Said Jaek sharply. Even though Arya would usually have protested at such a statement, she did as Jaek said. She watched him as he turned his head this way and that, looking around him. He looked like Nymeria used to when she had picked up a scent. She peered into the trees where he was looking.
      Suddenly she heard it, a faint rustling coming from the bushes, it was not an animal. A dark shape moved. Both she and Jaek drew their swords. SNAP. From behind them a twig snapped and she whipped her head round to see four more shapes.
      "Outlaws." Jaek whispered to her under his breath. They turned so they were back to back, Arya hoped all the promises they had made about how good they were with a sword would live up to their expectations.
      "Get em!" She heard. Suddenly all five men made their way forward, picking their route. One of them got close enough with his rusted sword and Arya easily parried his motion. Another swung wildly at Jaek but he nimbly avoided each swing, ducking and turning out of the way until he stabbed him in the gut. One of the others shouted and ran for Jaek's back but Arya swiftly skewered him in the side whilst side stepping out of the way of another of the men's swords. Jaek moved to attack a different man and their swords clashed and locked in an X. Arya thrusted Needle at another man's neck but the man blocked her attack. The man then jabbed near Arya's stomach but she swung her sword down and round, knocking his sword to the side to evade the incoming steel. Jaek's attacker was slowly pivoting their fight so that he was in between him and Arya. Jaek was meanwhile desperately avoiding the fifth man's axe. He ducked just in time for one of the blows to hit a nearby tree. However this meant for a split second he was vulnerable. His attacker took his chances and swiped at Jaek's leg, slicing it and forming a deep gash. Jaek cried out in pain making Arya turn to look. She feared he might be dead but was greeted with an even more desperate situation.