The Dark Silhouette Of A Boy

The attacker had Jaek lying down and pinned up against a tree trunk. Arya could see the light dusting of snow on the ground turning quickly red and Jaek grasping at his leg, breathing heavily, trying hard not to make a sound. The man Arya had been fighting now had the point of his sword on her neck. Arya slowly lowered Needle.
"Alrigh'." Said Jaek's attacker. "Ere's how we're gonna do fings." He said pointing his sword at Jaek's face and gazing back up at Arya. "Normally we woulda just robbed ya. Bu' youf killed two of my men." Arya gave him a plastered smile. "So we need to get somefing else beck." He said, smiling back at her. "You," He said pointing at Arya, "End ya horse are coming wiv us." He nodded and the man threatening Arya put his sword down and snatched Needle from her hand. He then bound her hands, constantly, nervously glancing up at her. She looked like she could bite his head off if given the chance, so he made sure not to give her any. The man with the axe then went and got her horse and the man pointing his sword at Jaek picked up Jaek's sword and unglamorously tossed it around in his hand.
"Fine bit a metal this." He said in a breath staring at it. Still Arya said nothing. "Aren't you wonderin what we're gonna do wiv ya friend 'ere?" Asked the man, looking back at Arya. Jaek looked up, his teeth were gritted with pain.
"Probably take him for money." Arya snapped. She was already annoyed, she didn't want to be asked obvious questions.
"Nah." Said the man, grinning. Arya flicked her eyes up at him. What? She thought. The man laughed as he spoke. "We're leavin 'im 'ere." He then went over to the others to discuss how best to travel. Arya stared desperately at Jaek, her jaw was clenched and her eyes widened. She felt helpless. She was helpless. She didn't understand the way she felt, her heart was sinking into the pit of her stomach. Jaek looked sadly back up at her although he managed to softly smile at her, as if to say everything was going to be alright, even though clearly it wasn't. No. She thought. I can't lose him—. She stopped herself suddenly. She wanted to say something but couldn't form the words. However she was interrupted by two of the men coming back with rope they had found on the horse's saddle. Arya had kept it just in case she ever needed it, this was not what she had planned. The two men dragged, the now slumped, Jaek over to the nearest tree while he grunted in pain. They slowly wound the rope around, tying him to the tree. It was dark now and in the moonlight Arya could see the white glimmer of snow falling.
"Camon." The first man said. "Let's get a move on before we freeze our balls off."
"Well, still better than him." Said the second, nodding his head in Jaek's direction, "He'll have no balls left by the time the night is over." They laughed as they jostled Arya along with them. She reluctantly stumbled away next to them. She turned back around hoping by some miracle Jaek was free and smiling back at her. But all she saw was the dark silhouette of a boy hunched over against a tree in the snow, his body shivering and motionless.