General Historical Background Information

Hello all!

Welcome to my first book, already apologizing for delayed uploads with sprinkles of grammar errors. 

I would also like to clarify that I am not Native American myself, and I do not intend to intentionally offend anyone through my piece. I wrote this book because I am infatuated with these 'forbidden love stories', and I could not find a ton in this specific genre; so I decided to create my own. 

This story takes place in 1707 and follows the stories of two VERY different people. The story takes place in Canada in a territory known as Rupert's Landing. Today, This expansive territory includes Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and even part of the United States. Now this area surrounds the Hudson Bay, which is at the heart of Canada. The British and the French were fighting for furs all across this land. But the game changed at the creation of the HBC or the Hudson Bay Company. This company was efficient with collecting furs and brought a steady supply to England. So our story begins about two decades after the HBC is founded, and with time they have become more restless to keep up with the demands of their consumers at home. 

Also, Aranck is part of the Blackfoot tribe.

Hope you enjoy, 

Kristina

xx