Chapter One - Control

A/N:

Hey guys! If you look up top in the media section there is a video. This is Revenant's awesome theme song. Take a listen! The lovely voice singing the song is a gorgeous cover by thesongist , originally Take it All by Ruelle! Trust me, check her out, she is truly amazing :) <3 Thank you so much, girl xxxx

~~**~~

REVENANT

Chapter One 

Control

"Hey, come on buddy, move!"

Clara heard the angry shouts of some pretty impatient jocks, who never seemed to manage the common courtesy to even wait at the back of the line. The main man jock- who sported a nice set of muscles and had striking good looks for his own good- had pushed everybody, including her, out of the way to get up to the front of the line. "What does it take to get some decent freaking service around here?"

Clara could see the cute, green-eyed and stylishly ruffled brown-haired guy working his way at the coffee station, his motions fast and his jaw tense. She saw that he was trying his best with ignoring the jocks whilst he worked away at the machines, even though how entirely impossible it seemed to be. Clara admired his courage.

"Come on, man." The core jock called, three people separating him and his friends from the counter. "Some of us have an actual life and need to get to class. It's not that god-damn hard to make a coffee."

The guy behind the counter didn't so much as glance at him, but Clara could see – six people away from the counter, not including the core jock's side men – that he was definitely tense. She watched with close observation, as his jaw flexed in the tinniest movement. He has some good self-restraint, she thought.

Clara – as observant and blatantly curious as she was – watched him as he took the coffee he was making from under the caffeine machine and screwed the foam cup lid. He handed the cup with a smile to the customer who had asked for it and the shirt-and-tie man handed him three dollars, thanked him and walked away to a nearby table.

The coffee station guy kept working away at the machines, ignoring every attempt of words the jocks shot at him – then it came to be their turn to be serviced. "So, obviously someone didn't finish their high school years." The core jock laughed and leant against the counter. "Seeing as you're like a woman; slaving away behind a counter making coffees for a living."

Clara couldn't help but snort, despite how unladylike it might have seemed. She said, "That's a very sexist thing to say." She didn't realise she spoke so loudly until all the buffers and the core jock spun on her, his eyes narrowed when he looked at her.

"What did you say?" His question came out harsh, but his eyes...Well, let's just say she didn't like the way they searched her from head to toe in wild vehemence. She shivered and looked away. She heard the sneer in his voice when he said, "well?"

Clara looked up into the coffee station guys green eyes. He stared back at her. His eyes were a blank mask, thick walls covering any detail of emotion in his face. Her view was suddenly blocked by one of the buffers. "Hey, little girl, my friend here is asking you a question. When he asks, you answer, here me?" The buffer guy was standing above her, almost a couple of heads – it seemed – taller than she was.

"Fine. Whatever." Clara said, making sure she at least sounded bigger than she was and like she didn't care. She gave them what any teenage girl would bring, if someone said something sexist around them; she gave him attitude. "You want to know, you sexist pigs? You said that he," she pointed past them and at the coffee station guy. "Was like a woman slaving away behind the counter making coffees. I just believe that that was a very chauvinist thing to say and—"