23

He really believed she loved him now. When he felt like he was at the last moment of his life, she unexpectedly appeared like the first light of dawn and saved his life. It was clearly a very dangerous thing to do, but when she did it, it seemed to be a matter of course. Although he didn't know how she knew the details of the incident and came forward to rescue him. But this deep history of bond was like good wine that tugged at his heart strings, making him sink into a state of captivation.

"Husband, it's great you're alright!" Tang Wan snuggled inside his arms and released a long sigh. Fortunately, there was still time to save him.

The couple hugged each other for a short while and only separated slightly just now. However, their eyes were still set closely on each other. It appeared quite abrupt in the middle of the glint and flashes of daggers and swords in this area.

Zhao Shi Cheng lowered his head and wanted to tell her his heartfelt emotions. But Tang Wan suddenly raised her head. Her gaze was dark and she gnashed her teeth.

Due to such a striking contrast, he paused for a moment. Soon after that, he saw her raise her broadsword and struck him right overhead. He was so shocked that his handsome face became crooked.

"How detestable! You want to plot against my husband? You think I'm a paper tiger!" With a wave of her hand, the back of the sword immediately knocked out the bandit. Who wanted to carry out a sneak attack from behind Zhao Shi Cheng's back.

Before Zhao Shi Cheng could even respond, Tang Wan's entire temper began to rise. After she had kicked the person on the ground flying, she nimbly pushed him to the side.

"Husband, wait for me. Look at how I'm going to cut down eight to ten people down!" After saying this, she brandished the broadsword and charged into the battlefield nimbly.

Zhao Shi Cheng was left in the same place dumbstruck. All the loving words were stuck in his throat and all of his affections seemed have fell on the ground. Caused him to have a little chest pain for suppressing it.

At this time, a bright and clear voice that was like a large bell sounded near Zhao Shi Cheng-

"Good, this old man's daughter in-law is really energetic!"

Zhao Shi Cheng hurriedly turned his head around to the side and sure enough, he saw his old man who was supposed to be in the General's residence. He asked puzzledly, "Father, why are you...Wan er, she..."

Zhao Zhong Shi brought a large army of soldiers. If he wanted to eliminate this group of bandits, it would be but a matter that required several blinks. Not to mention, the great general has killed thousands upon thousands of men and horses on the battlefield, destroying a mountain fort was almost like killing a caterpillar.

Hence, he easily came to his son's side and even laughed leisurely and said. "In the beginning, when you wanted to marry Tang Wan. I was even worried she was too delicate, weak and couldn't adapt to our Zhao family's family style. Now that I see this, she is simply like the reincarnation of Hua Mulan. Fortunately, you're smart and made an engagement with her first." As he talked on and on, his smile slowly disappeared.

"Last night, when she came back to the residence, she was ambushed. Someone wanted to kill her. All the sedan chair carriers and guards were knocked out. As a weak woman, she had the idea to bring the maid back to the General's residence herself and ask for help. She even insisted on making me dispatch the smarmy up the mountain to save you and said you were definitely stranded on top of the mountain."

When he saw Tang Wan express her female power, Zhao Zhong Shi continuously nodded his head in extreme admiration.

"Originally, I didn't want her to come, but she insisted. She even insisted on making me dispatch the some army up the mountain to save you, said you were stranded on top of the mountain. I was also certain I protected her well, so I brought her here. I never expected her to charge inside first when she saw you were surrounded in the middle of enemy troops. I was nearly scared to death. In the end, she did have some skills and really managed to get you out of there."