Trapped in the woods

But

But...we did a mistake! A great mistake! We ran into the woods....

We ran farther and farthar into the 'once so lovely' woods with our full potential. Our legs stomping hard against the ground and crashing the dried leaves as we ran. There was no turning back. We pierced through the frightening cold winds that sent shivers down our spine. Even the shimmering morning sunlight wasn't able to help us gather our courage. I started to feel knots in my stomach. But, that was NOT a moment to quit.

Afterall..there were so many beautiful things awaiting for me in my charming life. My Aunty Rosy, My Prince Charming that was supposed to come on a shimmering black sports car. My dream wedding that i had been planning since I was a kid and above that, all my crazy fantasies were still to come true. Whoa!

Oh..pardon! Pardon!

My eyes were ceaselessly searching any sign of danger already waiting to feed on us. I was gradually realising that something was incredibly bewildering and bizzare. I felt beads of moisture forming on my forehead.
I felt the faster we ran..the faster was the day was dying.
Suddenly, dark devoured the forest from nowhere.
When we left my home it was a beautiful morning. The cold winds that are now scaring us were the one bringing the forest to life. The lively birds were gossiping with full enthusiasm. These same leaves that are now hinting of a danger, sang a melody of comfort before.
And now it's not even been an hour we left my home and we are here in the middle of the 'once so alluring and welcoming' forest, embraced by the pitch black darkness. Our paces slowed down. It was hard to watch our way. But we couldn't stop. That was never an option!

My instinct was screaming at me..telling me that something really big is going to happen. Something that will slip the ground under our feet. Something that will change our fates. Forever! I don't know why i was having such strange kinds of thoughts and feelings. But i never ignored my gut feeling. It was a kind of vision to me.

I guessed our place wasn't very far away now. We were able to see a little and beleived our little cosy tent was somewhere near the lovely trees staring down at us.
The horror of the moment was hightened by the lonesome sound of the dried leaves whispering to each other behind our back. This made sure someone was still behind us. I jolted my head to my dearies to make sure they had enough energy to make it to our place. Their face was all pale with horror. I was always good at pretending, like, wearing a mask of fake expressions but deep down even i was dying with fear. Laura and Em both glanced back at me nodding at me like they could see right through me. Like they understood what i was actually thinking at the moment. I quickly looked away at the way in front of me. I had no time for now to pass an encouraging smile down to them or think how lucky i was to have them. This was kinda do or die type of situation. I had to save myself. Save my friends. Anyhow!
Our hearts were becoming heavier. The air was becoming tensed.
The leaves behaved as a whispering audience.

And Then......