ᴏɴᴇ

"I won't have any alcohol," Was what Mark said a few hours before the party had even begun. His best friend, Jeno, laughed at him and even hit his back thinking it was a joke. To see Mark not get drunk at a party would be a shock, since Mark was unable to resist the need to drink.

Jeno had watched as Mark frowned and huffed around about needing new friends, but knew he was only joking. A few minutes before entering the house in which the party was taking place in, Mark announced one again that he was not going to be drinking. He even put a reminder on his phone for an hour later, to check that he hadn't drunk anything.

It had only been 2 minutes since he had entered the house, and he had already drunk two bottles of alcohol. Jeno, who was recording the whole thing, clutched onto his stomach as he watched his friend down another cup full of the drink.

"Do you have my dear Donghyuck-ie's number?" Mark slurred, as he held onto Jeno's collar and brought him down to the floor.

( Donghyuck was obviously Mark's crush. They hadn't spoken, ever... okay maybe once, but Mark was hopelessly in love. The boy would stare at the tanned beauty throughout lesson, not taking his eyes off even for a second. Mark had fallen for Donghyuck, or as Mark would say 'Donghyuck-ie', on the first day of school. It was a cliché meeting of theirs, and most probably the only time Mark even exchanged a few words with the younger, but he had fallen in love with the boy.

It was the first day of high school, not for Mark at least, since he was being held back a year due to his rubbish grades. Mark was getting late, like every other anime character does on their first day of school. He was late on purpose, however. He wanted to make a grand entrance by showing up late, with messy hair and the cool guy vibe. As he made his way to school, he bumped into a younger guy, someone who he didn't know would end up in his class.

Mark grabbed onto Donghyuck's hand, without permission, and ran forwards. The two nearly tripped over many uneven steps on the road, but made it to the gates of the school, safely, somehow. Donghyuck had. jerked his hand back and pushed Mark away, groaning about how he wasn't ready for school and now "a jerk just ruined my morning".

After that one time Mark swore at Donghyuck as they separated ways, only to meet again in front of the classroom, Mark hadn't spoken to Donghyuck ever again. He knew people who were friends with Donghyuck, Jeno being an example, but he never actually extended his hand or greeted Donghyuck. And neither did Donghyuck, but that was because he had forgotten Mark even existed. )

"Of course I do, you want it?" Jeno pulled his phone out and teased Mark by showing him Donghyuck's contact. Mark reached over Jeno's shoulder and ended up falling on too of the younger boy, who pushed him off with a grunt.

"Give it, Jeno!" Mark whined, already feeling tears reach his eyes and his limbs were shaking. Jeno looked down at the older guy and sighed. When Mark was drunk, he was completely different to his normal self.

"Fine," Jeno grabbed Mark's phone and typed in Donghyuck's number. He honestly only did it because he wanted to see Mark embarrass himself. Mark snatched his phone back and looked at the contact name with happiness basically pouring out of him.

"Should I call him?" Mark asked shyly, covering his cheeks with his hands and shaking his head. Jeno pulled his phone back up to record it and then nodded.

"But do it outside."

The two exited the house and walked into the back garden, where there were less people. Mark nervously tapped on Donghyuck's number and then put the phone to his ear. He breathed unstably against the phone and looked up to Jeno with worry in his eyes.

"What if he declines?" Mark asked, hearing the ringing from the phone echo in his ear, or maybe the phone was creating two sounds.

"He won't," Jeno replied, fixing the angle of Mark on his phone and then smiling when he heard Donghyuck's voice from the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello!" Mark yelled, letting the excitement take over his body. Jeno stifled a laugh and tried to keep the camera stable so that it was capturing everything properly.

"Um.. who is this?"

"Donghyuck-ie its me! Mark!" Mark pointed at himself with a massive smile on his face. Jeno watched as his friend nodded like an idiot as he listened to Donghyuck speak.

"Mark? Why are you calling me? And how did you get my number?"

"Donghyuck-ie~" Mark sung, closing his eyes and shaking his head as he did, "I just called to say, I love you!"

Jeno held a hand over his mouth and silently laughed. He couldn't wait until Mark woke up the next morning to realise he had just confessed his feelings.

"Huh? Wait what?"

Before Mark could reply, Taeyong, who was Donghyuck's older brother, exited the garden and heard Mark singing to someone over the phone.

"Mark, who are you talking to?" Taeyong asked, walking over and choosing to ignore the fact that Jeno was recording him.

"Taeyong hyung?"

Taeyong's eyes snapped to Mark's phone when he heard his younger brothers voice over the phone. As he neared Mark to pull the phone off him, Mark leaned backwards and said his last words.

"I'll call you later Donghyuck! Muah!" Mark kissed his phone and then ended the call. Taeyong raised his eyebrow as he watched Mark stuff his phone into his pocket and then jump onto Jeno. "Take me home, child!"

Jeno finally let out his laughter and pushed Mark off of himself. Mark collapsed on the ground and remained there. He brought his knees to his chest and tucked his head between them. Taeyong kicked Mark's back lightly and then sighed when he didn't react.

"He's gonna have to answer some questions when he wakes up."

Just then, an alarm went off on Mark's phone and Jeno pulled it out. He read it and laughed even more, falling onto the floor since he couldn't keep his laughter in.

'Do not drink ANY alcohol MARK okay?!'