ᴛᴡᴏ

Donghyuck pulled his phone away from his ear and blinked a few times. He was calmly watching a movie when he got a call. The person who called was some guy Donghyuck only knew about because everyone was always dying over him.

"Mark Lee..." Donghyuck squinted in attempt to remember who this could've been. Just then, a memory of the time when Mark dragged him to the school especially when Donghyuck was trying his hardest to miss out on the day. "Ah, that jerk."

Donghyuck put his phone to the side, leaving the number to remain unknown, and then turned back to the TV screen. He sighed as his mood to finish the movie had died out and reached over to close it. Donghyuck glanced over at the clock, which read 10 minutes till midnight, and then looked over to his door. He had overheard his brother on the call, and from what Donghyuck could hear in the background, and in Mark's tone, they were clearly at a party.

Now, Donghyuck wasn't against his brother going to parties, but was he annoyed at the fact that his brother hadn't taken him with him. Instead of drinking away his problems, yet not really feeling drunk due to his high tolerance, Donghyuck was tucked in by a blanket, watching a silent voice for the fifth time and still feeling his heart hurt. Time passed slowly, as Donghyuck raised his phone back to his face and stared at the unknown number. He wondered how Mark got his number, and why he would even call him when he's drunk.

Then Donghyuck realised what this meant. Taeyong was at a party with high schoolers even though he was a college student. This also meant that if Mark was there, his inseparable best friend, Jeno, was going to be there too. Jeno and Donghyuck were in the same year group, which made Donghyuck even more infuriated and he clutched onto his phone with more strength. He missed out on a party, whereas his friends and the jerk Mark Lee were enjoying himself.

Donghyuck's eyes widened as he put his hand to his chest, feeling a weird sting. His jaw dropped as a few ideas popped into his head. Donghyuck looked up at the ceiling, thanking himself for switching the lights off a while ago.

"Oh my god," Donghyuck sighed, a smile creeping up his face. "This is such a new feeling. I've never felt like this before. Is this, hatred?"

Donghyuck looked down at his phone and quickly pulled out Jeno's chat. He immediately sent him a long paragraph explaining how he was so sure he now hated Mark. Jeno replied within a few seconds with some keyboard smash before a, "There are many reasons why I love you, Donghyuck, and this sure is one."

"What?" Donghyuck said out loud, tilting his head as he read Jeno's message. He immediately threw his phone to the side of the sofa as the door opened and Taeyong stumbled in, slightly tipsy. "Hyung!"

Donghyuck climbed off the sofa, dropping the blanket to the floor and grabbed Taeyong's arm, helping him to his room. Their parents had allowed then to move out once Taeyong got into college. They trusted their kids to be sensible, or at least trusted them to not end up dying due to overdose of any drug or drink.

"Where were you?" Donghyuck asked, frowning as he saw Taeyong get into bed without changing his clothes. The sweat from his body making his clothes stick to his body and the alcohol smell rubbing off to the sheets, which Donghyuck knew Taeyong would cry about in the morning.

"At a party," Taeyong slurred, closing his eyes and slapped away Donghyuck's hands, which were only trying to help him take his shirt off. "Are you and Mark friends?"

Donghyuck raised his eyebrow and then instantly smiled remembering who Taeyong was talking about. He shook his head, confusing Taeyong who had caught his large smile, and then sat on the floor besides him.

"I'm not friends with Mark," Donghyuck clarified, ignoring the small mutter Taeyong made, saying something like, "Call him hyung, he's older than you", and continued, "I actually hate him!"

"Huh?" That woke Taeyong up. He had never heard anyone hate Mark, yet alone dislike him. Even the teachers, who were frustrated by Mark's loud behaviour in class, loved the kid, since he would still do his best to not ruin the teachers day. "But Mark's so nice?"

"He ruined my first day at school," Donghyuck explained, laughing to himself as he realised that it was the only other memory he had of Mark, other than the call they had a few hours ago. "And I've never felt this way towards someone, therefore it is hate."

"That's one hell of a conclusion," Taeyong said, shaking his head and then reached forwards to push Donghyuck away. "Now let me sleep."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and then walked over to the door, switching off the lights once he saw Taeyong sigh into the pillow and pull the sheets closer to himself. Once he left the room, Donghyuck walked over to the sofa and cleaned the mess he had made. He picked his phone up and walked to his room. As he fell onto his bed, his eyes remained fixated over the unknown number.

After a lot of debating, Donghyuck tapped the options button and choose 'new contact'. Once it had loaded, Donghyuck bit his lip as he thought about what to name Mark. He didn't want to name him anything fancy, or anything too effortless.

Donghyuck closed his eyes and tried to remember what Mark looked like, which he failed to do so, even though the two were in multiple different classes for the past few months. He frowned as the only thing that stood out from his memory was the fact that Mark looked really cute with black hair and a short fringe.

"Not the time to think the person you hate is cute," Donghyuck said to himself, quickly typing a random few words into the his phone and chucking it to his bedside table, turning around in it to close his eyes and fall asleep.

The name he saved Mark as was:

"Cutie that I HATE!!"