1| Slowing of The Tides

It's been 12 years since the accident and too this day the nightmares still haunt me. When I was 5 years old, my parents would take me to visit Dad's family, as Mom was the only blood member of her family alive. Of course when she moved in to the Difference house she met my Aunt Emilia and Uncle Taft, along with Auntie Emilias' twin brother, my Uncle Jasveer.

After Mom and Dad died, I moved in with Uncle Taft and Auntie Emilia. If Mom or Dad had any close family it was Uncle Taft, Auntie Emilia and Uncle Jasveer. We would also visit Auntie Cyan at Christmas time and on the weekends. These people are the only family I have. If something happened to them... I don't know what I would do.

The scene of the attack haunts me in my sleep. From the moment it started to the moment the attacker was killed on the spot. It haunts me. When Mom and Dad were alive they would tell me about their adventures with their family in the Difference household. The adventure stories were cool, I hate that I can't hear them anymore.

I was walking around in the giants forest where my Mom and Dad got married, and walked over to where the House of Difference used to be. According to Auntie Emilia and Uncle Taft it burned down years ago. As I approach the old site, I get an odd tingling feeling. It pulls at  my Soul and it kinda... hurts? There is a large flash in front of me and the once giant house reappears again.

As I walk closer to the house, the tugging feeling gets stronger. The house seems almost like it's calling to me. I open the gigantic door slowly and everything inside seems...frozen? I begin walking around and find Auntie Cyan sitting in the same position she was when I visited 11 years ago. I touch Auntie Cyans' forehead and a deep blue light surrounds her.

"W-What?! Journey? Is that you?..."

I look at Auntie Cyan, if I had eyes, I bet they'd be tearing up right now.

"Auntie Cyan...It's me...Kaytelynn. Mom and Dad have been dead for years..."

"What do you mean Journey and Komedie are dead?! How long was I like that?"

"Mom and Dad died 12 years ago... at my school performance remember?"

Cyan thinks for a moment before it all comes back to her. She wraps her arms around me in a hug, her voice shaking.

"That was a horrible accident..."

I nod, silently cursing at the dead killer. That person took my family, and many others at that. After I lost my family I vowed to never let it happen again.

Little did I know that after the awakening of The House of Difference, things were only gonna get worse.