Prologue

Sakura's POV

I stood in the kitchen, washing dishes as I waited for Sarada to wake up. The sun peeked over the rooftops as clouds scattered around it. It was a beautiful spring morning.

I scrubbed a plate, putting it aside in a pile once it was clean. I finished washing and drying the last few dishes and sat down, looking at a framed picture of me and a man next to each other.

He had shiny black hair that covered one eye, a visible onyx eye, and a small smile. I sighed as I picked it up.

"I miss you, Sasuke." I said.

"Good morning, Mama!!" A voice exclaimed as she ran to me. She had black hair, red glasses, onyx eyes, and was very small. She jumped onto my lap, falling a little bit, and hugged me.

"Good morning, Sarada! Do you want breakfast?" I asked. "No. I'm not hungry." She said with a smile. "Alright, sweetie. Go get ready for the day." I told her as she climbed off of my lap after giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Soon after I sent her out, she came back in her normal daytime clothes. "Mama? When will Papa come home?" She asked. I looked at her, sadness stirring inside of me but hiding it with a smile. I walked to her and brushed her hair out of her eyes. "Soon, baby girl. Soon." I said.

I always said that. 'Soon' would always seem like 'never' to my daughter now. I hated to lie to her like that. I didn't want to admit to her what the real answer was. The real answer would be to harsh. 'Oh, your father may never be coming back' would be far too harsh for the five year old.

We went on with our day. Going to the park, to Ino's flower shop, getting lunch, and grocery shopping was a normal thing. We got home and I put the groceries away. I sat on the couch and began reading a newspaper. Sarada sat next to me and laid down, her head on my lap. I smiled softly at her as she fell asleep. I continued reading the newspaper

The 7th Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki, has been put off of his duty for the next week due to a new addition in his family. Congratulations, Naruto and Hinata Uzumaki!

Sasuke Uchiha has been finding what looks to be ancient scrolls, soon to be decoded and translated to a more understandable language. More information will follow as more information is shared.

Is he coming back!? Is Sasuke really coming home!?

Sasuke's POV

I walked on the dirt path surrounded by several trees. The Leaf Village was always beautiful and peaceful in the spring.

I continued down the dirt path until I reached the Hokage's Tower.

I knocked as I got a response, welcoming me into the room. I opened the door, hoping to see Naruto so I could report some things.

"Ah, Sasuke. You're back." The man said. "Shikamaru, where's Naruto? I don't have time to chat." I asked. "He's off for the next week. Hinata's having another kid sometime this week. Why?" Shikamaru asked. "It's an emergency." I said flatly, my voice steady and not shaky in panic.

The black haired man looked at me with more attention. "I'll find out where he is immediately." He said as he left the office to find the blonde Hokage.

Shikamaru soon after returned. "Sasuke, I'm sorry but there must be a better time to do this, right?" Shikamaru asked. "Why can't I talk with him?" I asked, anger beginning to swell within me.

"Hinata is having a rough time with the delivery right now." Shikamaru said.

"I suppose there will be a better time then." I said. The majority of my frustration died down. I could always visit Sakura and Sarada. It's been a while. I thought. I walked out of the office and began down the streets.

Naruto must know as soon as possible but hearing that there are problems in the delivery, he might not be back in office for another two weeks. Sakura will probably be called in if not already. This is a real pain in the- "Papa!!!" My little girl. I turned around to see Sarada and Sakura. "Sasuke....." Sakura began.

I walked to my two family members. "Sasuke, what are you doing here? I thought you had that year long mission with the scrolls?" Sakura asked. "I already found them. I was going to report it to Naruto but.....you might want to hurry to the hospital." I said. She looked at me for a moment. "R-Right." She said as she passed me, one of her fingers touching my hand as she did so.

"Papa? Where's Mama?" Sarada asked. "She had to go to work for a little bit." I said. "Ok, we can have fun then, right!?" She asked. "I suppose. What do you want to do?" I asked.

Sakura's POV

I rushed into the hospital, immediately getting into my office. Please be ok.....please!! I begged inside my head. I looked through the scattered and unorganized papers at my desk and found a new report.

Hinata Uzumaki is very weak, delivering, not a lot of progress so far. Very weak, dehydrated, and most likely ill.

"Dang it!!" I shouted, throwing the paper on the ground in frustration. I sighed and placed it back to its spot on my desk. I put my equipment in a bag and rushed to the room where Hinata and Naruto were.

I arrived outside of the room. Boruto sat on a seat near the delivery room door. "Aunt Sakura!!" He exclaimed. "Hey, Boruto. I'm sorry, I can't talk right now. I have to help your mom." I said. He nodded and waved me goodbye as he waited for his sibling to be welcomed into the world at last.

Sasuke's POV

I sat with Sarada on the couch as she fell asleep, her head in my lap. I smiled and brushed my fingers through her hair gently.

A few hours later......

I woke up to the front door shutting. I looked to the door, the world still a bit blurry due to just waking up. "Welcome home." I said. "Thank you." She said. Her pink hair was knotted and there were obvious features of exhaustion. She slipped her shoes off and walked next to me and sat down. "I'll put her in her bed." I said as I picked her up and carried her to bed.

I got back and sat down in the same spot. Sakura moved closer to me and leaned on my shoulder. "How long are you here?" She asked. "Not long. Once I talk to Naruto, I'll probably be off again." I said.

"I wish you could stay longer." She said with a sigh. "I do too. It's just a fact that we both have to face and eventually Sarada will too. I hate saying that she will but it's just a fact." I said. "Yeah." She said.

"So, how'd the delivery go?" I asked. "It was long and rough. Apparently the baby got sick and we didn't catch it and that caused Hinata to get sick too. The baby's in ICU right now, I'll be working on her tomorrow to try and heal her fully." She said. "I understand. I guess I'll be with Sarada until Naruto can leave Hinata's side for a few hours." I said. She nodded and began dozing off to sleep.

Word count: 1260