9

The finally began the rest of walk down the corridor when Steve decided to become the leader. "Okay clear. It's clear come on let's go" he said while ushering for them to follow him. This is when stuff was starting to get scary for them since they could actually see the Russian officers but of course, none of them would admit it, all trying to be strong for each-other.

"Okay that was close" Robin said. "Too close" Dustin added. "Okay relax" Steve said while grabbing Delilah's wrist because she had a tendency to stay behind. "All right relax. Nobody sa-" he began before stopping because they saw a lab in full working order with armed soldiers patrolling it in-front of them.
"Shit" Steve whispered while pulling them over to duck down. "Jesus" he whispered. "Red dawn" Dustin said. "I saw it" Erica added as Delilah grabbed Robins wrist just so she'd feel some sense of security. "First floor north west" Erica added. "Saw what ?" Delilah said confused. "The comms room" Erica whisper yelled.

"You saw the comms room ?" Steve asked even more confused. "Correct" she said. "Are you sure ?" Dustin added. "Positive. The door was open for a second and I saw a bunch of lights and machines and shit in there" she said, recalling what she saw. "That could be a hundred different things" Dustin said, he wasn't buying it. "I'll take those odds" Robin said to Steve and Delilah since those three had become the decision makers for the group since they were older when in reality Dustin was a hundred times smarter than his sister. "All right. We're going to move fast. We're going to stay low. Okay ?" Steve whispered as they all nodded. "Okay" they all whispered back. Delilah clinging on to Steve and Robin for dear life.

They got up, staying low before running to the next hiding place. A scientist opened the door they wanted to go through and once Steve saw this he went with it. "Let's go. Move it" he whispered before running through the door. Delilah let go as he held open the door for the rest of them but stayed clinging to Robin as they all walked in. They all looked stunned as there was a man sitting in front of a panel with headphones on. He immediately took them off and set them down before looking at the five kids infront of him. "Fuck" Delilah whispered before freezing.

He was about to pick up a gun which Robin noticed and instantly started repeating phrases from the code. It was familiar to him which confused him. He was speaking but no one could understand him and seeing the confusion on his face and his hand about to reach for the gun Steve launched at him. They broke into a fight punching, pushing, yelling. Thankfully, Steve won. His first knockout.

"Dude ! You did it ! You won a fight !" Dustin shouted excitedly and Delilah couldn't help but crack a smile. This was a big moment, Steve stepped back taking in his moment of glory as Dustin ran up to this unconscious man. That was when Delilah realised something, something big. In your everyday fight situation, Steve lost because he refused to hurt people. In bizarre situation like this where fighting was the only means of saving people, he'd win. "What are you doing now ?" his sister asked as he sighed. "Getting us our ticket out of here" he said while taking the key card off the mans belt. "You want to walk all the way back" Erica asked. "Well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax. Have a picnic maybe" he said as Delilah shook her head. "No need for sarcasm Dustin" she said with her arms folded.
"Have a picnic ? We came here for the radio" Erica began as Delilah noticed Robin walk up some steps and ignored the children fighting.

"Guys there's something up there" Robin said quickly. They all swiftly walked up to see scientists working on something and a big machine which shocked them all. They were all pressed against the glass in shock. "I don't understand, you've seen this before" Robin said confused as they all walked back down the stairs. "Not exactly" Steve said honestly. "What do you mean not exactly ?" Robin asked, growing even more confused as they spoke. "All you need to know is it's bad" Dustin said while looking to his sister, hoping she'd piece together what he meant. "Really bad" Steve added as Delilah's brain began working like clogs. She thought back to when Will disappeared, the nights her brother spent pacing around the living room revealing all and how she laughed and thought he was deluded. She didn't believe any of it but now she thought it may all be connected. It sent chills all over her body.

"Like end of the human race as we know it kind of bad" Dustin said as Robin shook her head. "And you know about this how" ?" she asked confused but the attention was quickly averted to Erica. "Um Steve. Where's your Russian friend ?" she asked as they all looked around confused. An alarm started blaring and they ran to the door to see the Russians weren't happy. Steve was peeking out the door but was seen and it was shouted that the children were in the office. He quickly closed the door. "Shit" he whispered, obviously scared since he was leading everything.He told them all to go and they all started running. They opened another door and ended up in yet another room full of scientists. "Shit" Dustin kept repeating as he looked at his sister who genuinely didn't know what to do.

Dustin led them down stairs as they were being shouted at but they kept running. He ran into one of the Russians but screamed and pushed passed him as they all ran as fast as they could. They farted down another flight of stairs before stopping near the machine they saw earlier. "Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit" Dustin kept repeating as Delilah just wrapped her arm around him. "It's okay. We're going to get out of here. I will make sure you're safe" she said loudly trying to calm him down but the guards were coming close to them. "This way" Steve shouted while pushing another guard out of the way. Delilah made sure both kids were infront of her before running as fast as she could behind them.

Guards were coming towards them but Steve pushed massive canisters at them and kept running, ensuring everyone was keeping up. Robin found a door which they all ran into and Steve sat against it to keep it closed so they could have extra time to think of a plan. Robin and Delilah instantly sat next to him to keep it closed as Erica found an exit. "Come on" Dustin shouted. "Go Dustin. Get out. Find a fucking way out" his sister roared, trying to keep the angry arms from getting in. "No. Not without you, without all of you" he protested as she rolled her eyes. "I need to make sure St-Robin is okay. Go. We'll catch up" she shouted, he picked up on her about to say Steve. The man in question was even shouting at him to go. "Just get some help okay" Steve shouted but they could tell Dustin really didn't want to leave. "I won't forget you" he shouted but they all told him to go which he did.

The door was pushed open and the three of them were sent flying into the wall with guns pointed at them from all angles. "We're going to die" the curly haired girl whispered. Six guards presented themselves, two grabbed Steve, two grabbed Robin and two grabbed Delilah. The two gripping Delilah had a tight grip on her, they dragged her into a room, pushed her onto a chair and tied her to it. "Who do you work for ?" he asked, his voice was deep and scary as she shook her head. "I-I don't work for anybody" she said truthfully. He let out a loud sigh before looking at her again. "Who do you work for ?" he repeated, the time he was angry. "I told you, I don't work for anybody" she shouted, fear was laced in her voice but she had to appear tough. She wasn't even thinking about what they could potentially do to her. She was thinking about Robin, Steve, Erica and Dustin. Steve and Robin could fight if they needed to but the kids, that's what was worrying her.

"You don't work for anybody. You come here accidentally ?" he said nicely with a massive smile as she nodded. "Yes" she said relived before smiling back, buying into his facade. "I didn't know anything, I won't tell anyone. I promise" she said, trying to reason with him. "You promise ? You won't tell anyone ?" he said in the same nice tone as she nodded. His smile quickly faded and he slapped her across the face. "Who do you work for ?" he shouted louder, it startled her but the pain on her cheek was distracting her from his words and the tears forming in her eyes prevented her from seeing him.

"I don't work for anybody" she shouted, trying to fight back tears. He had enough of her. He punched her in the nose and spat on the floor. "You don't want to talk. Fine" he spat as one of the guards handed him a roll of duct tape. "W-what are you doing ?" she asked confused, she could feel the blood pouring out of her nose. "You don't want to talk ? You won't talk at all" he said while putting a long piece of duct tape over her mouth.

"Put her in corner and bring in the boy. We'll see if she's ready to talk then" he said as the two guards who had carried who brought her to the room left to get "the boy". "The boy" could only be Steve and if they were bringing someone in, she was going to watch them suffer. She was praying to every god that it wasn't Steve. That was the last thing she wanted.