1. Grove Street

"Mommy?"

 The girl stared out the car window as they drove past the women fighting off two men, Davey's grip had gotten tighter on her hand which caught her attention. "Do you want to see your brother and sister?" Jade looked at her hand in his, she couldn't even pull back if she tried. "Mister Davey, you're hurting me" Davey lets go of her hand, rubbing his hand on his pant leg. "Im sorry about that Jaded" She rubs her hand and leaned back in the chair. "Where's mommy going?" She questioned looking at the street signs they road by. They road past her mother's job, Juicy Lucy's. "She'll see you soon" He answered looking away. Everyone who sat in that car new it was a lie, but they had to keep her from crying. 

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Jade pulls up on grove street, taking notice of the police officers on the outs of the street. 'Guess I'm taking the back street home tonight' she muttered. She checks her clock, it was six thirty. The sun sets at eight thirty. She steps out of her car, locking doors and walking to the house. Jade knocks on the door on the corner, "Davon! Open up!" She bangs on the door with the palm of her hand before ringing the doorbell. "Damn! I'm coming! Whatchu scared you finna get robbed or somethin, Miss Rockford Hills?" Jade rolled her eyes, he unlocks the door and invites her in.

"Thought you were the police bangin at my door like that!" Jade walks in and stands up in the middle of the living room. His house was rather clean, but she just didn't have time to sit. She still had to think of an excuse if she made it home late! That's if they noticed she was gone. "What is this rat problem you speak of? Make it quick. I have to be home soon" Davon sunk into the chair with plastic on it. "We haven't had a rat problem since B.S., you remember B.S. right?" Jade gives him a long sigh. "Yes, I know what B.S. is. I was explained that shit so many times I can't count. Anyways?" Davon nodded and continued. "Anyway, Your boy T" Jade scoffed, Tavon was anything but 'her boy'. "He ain't my boy, never was my boy. Plus now that you mention it, He passed due..." Jade trailed off. Davon gave a laugh, "He passed due for a lot of us sis. We caught em talking to the ballas. He might've been the problem and the reason why all of our drug deals been comprised either by the ballas or the police. And anything we had to do with da ballas was shot down by them." Jade sighed, knowing what she must now have to do.

"How much am I gettin paid? And I require payment up front" Davon smirks, "Smart girl you are..." He stood up and handed her three stacks. "Three G, for your first gig" Jade counts the stacks and nodded. "It'll be done" She puts the money in her purse, "Send me two guys, two guys who are good at clean up. Cause I don't do the cleaning cause that's a stack more" She grins, maybe she can get some more money out of him! Davon shook his head, "I got chu the guys. It better get done" Jade huffed and walked out the door, she gets in the car. "Stupid Davon...Stupid Tavon...." Jade muttered as she starts up her car and pulls off. It was seven thirty, the sun was getting lower. "Shit I gotta hurry..." Jade pulls off, charging down Groove street. The ringing of her phone causing a mini panic as she glanced over to see who it was. "Shit its Jimmy..." She answered it and let it play on the Bluetooth of the car. "Hello?"

"Yo, Mom And Dad are worried for you. Where you at cuz?" Jade glanced at the street signs. "I'm in Rockford Hills, I left my purse at Stacey's house. Sorry, I forgot to mention" Jade hums taking a hard right onto the highway. "Oh...Well, can I borrow your car? I need to go to-" "Do you want a Glock up ya ass?" She cuts him off causing him to go silent with an audible gulp. "Last time I let you have my car, you done fucked it up! Ask Tracey. Bye Jimmy" "But-" Jade hits the red button on the wheel. She sighs, "Fucking Jimmy. I'm going to kill him" It wasn't long until she pulled up to her house. Exactly at eight o clock. Not late at all. She locks her car door and walked in the house through the garage, the first thing she was greeted with was Amanda and Michael.

"She's your child Michael! I would understand if, If she took after her mother! But she's growing to be like you! And god knows where that takes her through life!!" Jade felt her fist clench, Why have the argument now? "She is going to be fine! She doesn't do anything. Every time we check on her, she stares into her mirror! There's nothing wrong with her! If anything it's another Jimmy!" "Michael. Do you not see the pattern?! Every time I use to ask you, what are you doing? What are you thinking? You would always say nothing! But it's a full bank robbery going on in your head?!" Jade took a deep breath and step out.

"Hey Amanda, Hey Dad" Jade smiles, pretending as if she didn't hear anything. "Oh, Hey Jay" Amanda smiles, "Where were you?" Jade walks into the kitchen, wiping her eyes. "Jimmy didn't tell you? He snitches for life for him. God rest his soul if he decides to join some gang" She jokes trying to lighten the mood. She saw a small smile form on Michael's face but nothing on Amanda's. "Jade, we're worried for you" Jade puts her leftover dinner in the microwave. "Really? How come?" She turns to face them, smiling at them to the worry on her face. "I'm fine, honestly" Amanda shakes her head while Jade picks up a glass cup and fills it up with water. "You're always shut up in your room! Like I understand the other two, but they still come downstairs to socialize! You need to start talking more!" The cup started to shake in her hand, she got tired of hearing the two of them say that. Jade slams down the cup, causing it to shatter on the counter. Amanda jumps while Michael didn't waver. Jade looks Michael dead in the eyes and begins to speak. "I'll socialize soon as I know Who my true mother is" Jade turns to Amanda and smiles, "No offense to you" The microwave goes off and she grabbed her food. "Thank you." Jade grabs a fork and walked upstairs.

Soon as the adults heard her door slam shut, Amanda turns to Michael who sighed. "I'll talk to her about it"
~
Jade angrily eats the mashed potatoes, fucking Amanda. What does she know? She hates Jade just as much as the other kids. She looked at her phone sitting on the charger, she hated that they were right. But she's right as well, it isn't her fault. If she has to corporate, so does the others. Jade sits the plate on her dresser, sighing. "I don't need consolation. I need closer" She muttered laying in her bed, "I have to do shit tomorrow. I'll deal with them later" Jade flips her lamp off, laying her phone on the dresser beside her plate.