part two (1) - k d r a m o s

a.n; language. my type of language.

"I don't go out sad, I got outside," I giggled at the worst joke I made in my teen years. It was funny as shit to me and my friend in that moment though. The main reason being was because we both were high as fuck.

"What the fuck was that?" She asked clenching her stomach, "that shit funny funny." She was clapping her hands while rolling around. I on the other hand, was crying tears. It really wasn't that funny, but high Khadi Ramos thought so.

"Ion know, my nig, Queen Key had said that shit in a live. I think." It truly was the lowest point in my life. High school that is, that whole 4 years were nothing but shit. But it was cool. I graduated top in my class.

I was in the Junior year of high school, I had just turned 17, my family life was ruined. I was ruined, and did whatever the fuck I want. Because I was Khadi Ramos, can't nobody tell me what to do, expect my sister.

"Shit nigga, we gotta go to class." My friend said, her laughing fit seizing to a halt.

"I told you not to bring that shit to school Reece, like shit. Mr. Fulton finna be on my ass." I got up, taking a big gulp of water.

"You cool. You just gon be quiet all day. Don't worry bout it Kd." She giggled.

"I told you not to call me that." I had thrown the water bottle in my hand at her. "Many times, Evangeline, like fuck. You slow bitch."

"Bitch then why yo ass hit?" She had asked me sounding pissed. She had gotten up looking bout ready to swing.

"Yo dumbass know I would've hit. I just don't understand why you didn't bring it in a brownie. How you gon hide the evidence? Flush it down the toilet?" I said packing my stuff up.

"Hell yeah negro." She laughed. I had rolled my eyes the hardest that year.

"See yo ass after school." I said as I walked away from her and her shenanigans that I always ended up in.

The night the house was on fire, it was a turning point in my sister's life. And mine. She was old enough to get custody. She was the Third Party. In court she deemed that she was fit to take care of a 13 year old at her young adult age. She made clear points into which my father couldn't possibly do so. My mother was out of the question. Didn't even show up to court. I never saw her once the house caught in flames and burned to the ground. She completely disappeared on me. On the family. The thought always got me pissed. She was meek for what she pulled. Pathetic.

"Now hold on Miss. Ramos," It was that idiot teacher of mine. The one from middle school.

"Sir?" I asked. It had been a couple years since I last saw him. From a middle school teacher to a high school one. And at the school I was attending at the time? Great.

"You know you're not supposed to cover your head during school hours." He has said removing my hood.

"Uh, okay. Sorry, I guess." I strode onwards to class leaving him there in the hallway. It had felt like he was watching me go, I wanted to turn and to make sure I wasn't going crazy with my intuition, luckily I had to much pride to do so.

"Ramos." I heard once I turned the corner. "Khadi Ramos," I had run into Silas, remember him?

"Silas..." I mumbled moving out of his way and started to make my way to class.

"Hold on, hold on." He stopped me. "Even though we attend the same school you don't talk to the kid." He said walking in front of me. "I thought we were childhood buddies?" Far from it.

"Yeah, sorry bout that." I quietly said.

"Still shy to this day I see." Silas ticked, "What's with you these days Khadi Ramos?" I remember the way Silas looked that day, trust when I tell you Silas was far from ugly, he was extremely handsome. Great smile, beautiful green eyes. Tall, curly black hair, tanned skin, when he walked he walked with confidence, when he talked he talked with a roar letting everyone know he was there. People didn't mind that about him. He wasn't a 'popular kid'—this high school didn't do that—he was just well known. Good guy.